Walt Disney Animation Studios released details of the soundtrack for Frozen yesterday.
The dynamic soundtrack will feature eight original songs from Kristen Anderson-Lopez (In Transit, Winnie the Pooh) and Tony® Award-winning songwriter Robert Lopez (Avenue Q, The Book of Mormon), plus a score by the composer of last year’s Oscar®-winning short Paperman, Christophe Beck.
The original motion picture soundtrack, featuring the end-credit recording of “Let It Go” by Demi Lovato. It will be available for sale on November 25, 2013.
Frozen is directed by Chris Buck (Tarzan, Surf’s Up) and Jennifer Lee (screenwriter, Wreck-It Ralph) and produced by Peter Del Vecho (Winnie the Pooh, The Princess and the Frog). Frozen will debut in theaters in 3D on November 27, 2013.
“Jennifer, Chris and the team have created a film with an engaging setting full of compelling characters,” Del Vecho said. “The music elevates and propels this storytelling. The songwriters Kristen and Bobby participated in the creation of the story. We met with them for two hours each day via video conference while we were building our plot—not necessarily about the songs, but about the characters: who they are, how they think, what they want. Each song enhances and expands the story in a way that fully engages the audience in this world.”
The Frozen soundtrack, set for release from Walt Disney Records on November 25, 2013, is available for pre-order at http://smarturl.it/fa1 and http://smarturl.it/fsAmazona1. The Frozen two-disc deluxe edition and the digital deluxe edition soundtrack, which will also be available November 25, 2013, feature 23 and 27 additional tracks respectively, including demos, outtakes and a “Let It Go” instrumental karaoke track.
The soundtrack listing includes:
- “Frozen” Heart – Performed by Cast
- “Do You Want to Build a Snowman?” – Performed by Kristen Bell, Agatha Lee Monn and Katie Lopez
- “For the First Time in Forever” – Performed by Kristen Bell and Idina Menzel
- “Love Is an Open Door” – Performed by Kristen Bell and Santino Fontana
- “Let It Go” – Performed by Idina Menzel
- “Reindeer(s) Are Better Than People” – Performed by Jonathan Groff
- “In Summer” – Performed by Josh Gad
- “For the First Time in Forever” (Reprise) – Performed by Kristen Bell and Idina Menzel
- “Fixer Upper” Performed by – Maia Wilson and Cast
- “Let It Go” (Demi Lovato Version) – Performed by Demi Lovato
- Vuelie (Featuring Cantus) – Score
- Elsa and Anna – Score
- The Trolls – Score
- Coronation Day – Score
- Heimr Àrnadalr – Score
- Winter’s Waltz – Score
- Sorcery – Score
- Royal Pursuit – Score
- Onward and Upward – Score
- Wolves – Score
- The North Mountain – Score
- We Were So Close – Score
- Marshmallow Attack! – Score
- Conceal, Don’t Feel – Score
- Only An Act of True Love – Score
- Summit Siege – Score
- Return to Arendelle – Score
- Treason – Score
- Some People Are Worth Melting For – Score
- Whiteout – Score
- The Great Thaw (Vuelie Reprise) – Score
- Epilogue – Score
Frozen is a stunning big-screen comedy adventure. Fearless optimist Anna sets off on an epic journey—teaming up with rugged mountain man Kristoff and his loyal reindeer Sven—to find her sister Elsa, whose icy powers have trapped the kingdom of Arendelle in eternal winter. Encountering Everest-like conditions, mystical trolls and a hilarious snowman named Olaf, Anna and Kristoff battle the elements in a race to save the kingdom.
Keep checking WDWNT for more Frozen information as it becomes available!
I don’t know about you, but there are times when planning a Disney vacation can be overwhelming! There are so many options, where to stay, when to go, is this the best price. So, I want to introduce you all to Cindy Minor and the team at Small World Big Fun. They will help you plan your Disney vacation for FREE.