A few weeks ago, we broke the news of the addition of FuelRod to the Walt Disney World Resort. The kiosks were rolled out over the holiday weekend, so we decided it might be a good idea to try them out and see how they work.
Kiosks can be found in all 4 theme parks, Disney Springs, and ESPN Wide World of Sports currently. Here are the locations:
- Magic Kingdom
- Tomorrowland Light and Power Co.
- Big Top Souvenirs
- Pecos Bill’s
- Curtain Call Collectibles
- Disney Traders
- Camera Center (Future World)
- World Traveler (International Gateway)
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Celebrity 5 & 10
- Rock Around the Shop (exit of Rock ‘N’ Roller Coaster)
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Island Mercantile
- Disney Springs
- Marketplace Disney Photo Imaging
- ESPN Wide World of Sports
- ESPN Clubhouse Shop
- Resort Hotels
- Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
- Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
- Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
FuelRod kiosks dispense portable charging batteries for $30.00 each, which includes:
- A portable charging battery
- 6″ USB Type A to micro-USB cable (for most Android devices)
- One Apple 30-pin to USB cable
- One Apple Lightning to USB cable
This iPhone’s battery life was depleted to 20% when the FuelRod was purchased. While the phone was being used for a good portion of the time, the FuelRod managed toi get the battery up to about 90%. Now, this might not be the best phone charging battery on the market, but it is fairly small and let’s not for get you can simply trade it in at a kiosk for a fully charged one.
You don’t have to go back to the kiosk where you bought the FuelRod to exchange it, just go to any of them.
Simply insert the FuelRod as pictured. If it si rejected, it will simply come back out of the slot underneath, meaning you won’t simply lose your FuelRod should it not scan correctly.
Upon a successful scan of the depleted FuelRod, a different fully-charged FuelRod will be distributed to the guest. You of course keep the cord and attachments you received upon your initial purchase.
The other nice thing is the kiosks are fairly small, so no one is going to have a problem reaching them.
I have a hard time trying to find the downside of FuelRod service for frequent Walt Disney World visitors. While the battery is small and the cost is $30, it does offer you the ability to constantly get a new one without worrying about having to recharge it, and even if you should need to charge it on your own, you can. The kiosks are well themed and it really is an invaluable service for those who need to keep their electronic devices going. FuelRod is a brilliant addition to Walt Disney World that I think most guests will find very helpful.