There are still a lot of unanswered questions about exactly what guests can do and what they will see when they enter Pandora: The World of AVATAR at Disney’s Animal Kingdom in 2017. Today, an inside source has provided us our first look at some of the pins being developed for the attraction, revealing some interesting details about this project that have been shrouded in mystery.
The ACE logo pin in fact confirms that ACE will play a huge role in the experience on the “planet”. ACE was first introduced to guests at the exhibit previewing the AVATAR themed land at the 2015 D23 Expo. The following video is a good introduction to the company:
While we know we will be immersed in the story of AVATAR since many cast members working in the area will need to learn the fictional Na’vi language and culture, it also appears that Disney branding will not be clearly present on any of the merchandise packaging either. This will continue the illusion with guests that they are on Pandora and that ACE is actually their host for the experience, selling merchandise in their own gift stores on the planet. Cast members will reportedly be sporting ACE name tags as well, rather than Walt Disney World name tags that are worn in all other park areas.
While it may be us overthinking, some of the places and things showcased in the mystery pin set could very well be places and experiences for guests on Pandora:
- Mo’ara – This is reportedly a location that will play a larger role in then AVATAR sequels, but is not mentioned in the first film nor any lore beyond that as of yet.
- Navi Cultural Relations – Guests will get to meet the large Navi people in meet and greet type experiences (or even roaming around perhaps).
- The Mountain Banshee Project – This will play a central roll in the Flight of Passage attraction where guests will ride aboard Banshees. Part of this project will allow humans to ride on these magnificent creatures, something usually only done by the Na’vi people.
- The Drum Circle – This is a ceremony where Jake Sully became a member of the Na’Vi in the film. It is possible there will be an experience where guests can take part in a similar ceremony and become an honorary member of the people of Pandora.
- The Pandora Cavern Tours – This could be its own walking experience, part of the queue for either of the two ride-through attractions in the land, or a scene in the Na’Vi River Journey ride.
While they may be just pins, they are honestly the first new piece of information on the project we have received in over a year. The existence of the final product also possibly means that the opening of the land isn’t very far away, perhaps 6 months or less at this point. Whatever the case may be, we will soon be getting more details at Destination D next month. Until then, let the speculation begin.