Last year was a first for Disney Cruise Line as the Inaugural Star Wars Day at Sea sailed off into another galaxy. The event returned this past January and will be back again in 2018 on select sailings. Here is a look at some of the new offerings you can expect to find on a voyage to a galaxy far, far away.
- Expanded Nighttime Spectacular: The spectacular deck show, “Summon the Force,” celebrates the 40 Force-filled years of Star Wars featuring new iconic characters: Kylo Ren, Ezra, and Sabine! The deck show is bursting with John Williams’ epic score, now including music from “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” and “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.”
- “Star Wars Rebels” Appearances: The “Star Wars Rebels” characters Sabine and Ezra, along with Ahsoka Tano, have taken a break from fighting the Empire to visit you in an all-new base location. You can find out what the rebellion is up to with showings of “Star Wars Rebels” season three on the upper deck’s Funnel Vision. Then the duel continues with the deadly Jedi hunter, the Seventh Sister joining the Dark Lord himself in “Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple.”
- Special Guest Speakers: Get a behind-the-scenes look at the Star Wars saga with a special lineup of guest speakers sharing what it’s like to bring the galaxy to life on screen. This year’s speakers include: Hannah Gills, producer for Industrial Light & Magic; Pablo Hidalgo, creative executive for Lucasfilm Story Group and Jason McGatlin, executive producer for “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” and “Star Wars: The Last Jedi,” among others, on select sailings.
- Out-of-this-galaxy Merchandise: Only on Star Wars Day at Sea, can you find exclusive intergalactic merchandise aboard the DCL; only on select sailings, and features pins, drinkware, apparel and more.
- Stellar Screenings: Experience the first of Star Wars standalone films and the latest installment in the Star Wars universe: “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” at sea.
Be ready to “use the force” and prepare for an intergalactic mission as you fight the Empire across the sea of galaxies (or fight the rebel scum, if you’re on that side) on Star Wars Day at Sea. Star Wars Day at Sea will take pace on select sailings on the Disney Fantasy from January until April of 2018.