In this week’s edition of ‘This Week in Disney History,’ we will explore some of the milestones from March 19th-March 25th that helped shape and form the Walt Disney Company as it exists today.
This Week in Disney History: March 19th-March 25th
- On March 19th, 1995, the Penny Arcade, Main Street Bookstore, and House of Magic located on Main Street, USA at the Magic Kingdom permanently close.
- On March 20th, 2014, Aladdin on Broadway debuts at the New Amsterdam Theatre in New York.
- On March 21st, 1962, actor Mathew Broderick, the voice of adult Simba in all of the Lion King films, was born in New York City.
- On March 22nd, 1935, ‘The Golden Touch’, Walt Disney’s 50th Silly Symphony cartoon, debuts to the public.
- During the March 23rd, 1975 episode of ‘The Wonderful World of Disney’ , the Walt Disney Company reveals the opening of Space Mountain at the Magic Kingdom.
- On March 24th, 1901, legendary Disney animator, Ub Iwerks, was born in Kansas City, MO. Iwerks animated the first Mickey Mouse silent cartoon, and subsequently worked on visual effects for Mary Poppins and Song of The South.
- Finally, on March 25th, 1986, Don McGrath was honored by the Walt Disney tourist attractions as the 500 millionth guest to enter Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom.
“All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.”- Walt Disney
I don’t know about you, but there are times when planning a Disney vacation can be overwhelming! There are so many options, where to stay, when to go, is this the best price. So, I want to introduce you all to Cindy Minor and the team at Small World Big Fun. They will help you plan your Disney vacation for FREE.