This week in Disney history we will take a look at some of the milestones that happened in the history of the Walt Disney Company during the week of March 5th-March 11th. All of the factoids are here to inform you and broaden your knowledge so that you too can “be in the know” of Disney History. History and Disney are 2 of my greatest passions and I hope you all enjoy reading and learning about the history of Disney each and every week. This article is designed to share some of the things that help shape and mold the beautiful company we know and love today.
This Week In Disney History March 5th-March 1th.
- On March 5th, 1983, the attraction Journey Into Imagination debuted to the public at Epcot. The attraction was about the Dreamfinder teaching Figment and guests to use their imaginations. In 1999, the attraction was updated and reimagined with a change in name to Journey into YOUR Imagination. In 2002, it was reimagined again as guests were unhappy with the changes, becoming Journey Into Imagintion with Figment.
- On March 6th, 2013, the 20th Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival began.
- On March 7th, 1942, former Walt Disney Company CEO, Michael Eisner, was born in Mount Kisco, New York. His reign as CEO of the Walt Disney Company began in 1984 and ended in 2005.
- On March 8th, 1983, former President Ronald Reagan visited EPCOT Center and made a speech about what the promises of Epcot would bring and why it was so important to Walt Disney.
- On March 9th, 2014, the new daytime parade Festival of Fantasy debuted at Magic Kingdom. The parade still runs daily at 3:00 PM.
- On March 10th, 2009, D23: the first official Disney Fanclub, was founded. The “D” stands for Disney, and “23” pays homage to when the Walt Disney Company was created in 1923.
- Finally, On March 11th, 2007, the Disney Broadway show ‘Tarzan‘ celebrated its 350th show performance.
“Happiness is a state of mind. It’s just according to the way you look at things.”-Walt Disney
I don’t know about you, but there are times when planning a Disney vacation can be overwhelming! There are so many options, where to stay, when to go, is this the best price. So, I want to introduce you all to Cindy Minor and the team at Small World Big Fun. They will help you plan your Disney vacation for FREE. Contact them today!