If you are looking for something to do at the Disney Parks from April 21st-23rd, Animal Kingdom will be having an event (free of charge with admission) called ‘Party for the Planet.’ ‘Party for the Planet will be a weekend celebration in honor of Earth Day, as well as the 19th birthday of the park itself which is April 22nd.
Here are some things to look forward to when at the park during those days for the event:
- Party for the Planet Times Guides will be available when you enter the park to help you plan the day.
- Choose how you will “see nature” and tell the story of your day at the park. In the Oasis, select one of 10 different animal cut-outs (while supplies last) to enhance your experience while raising awareness of the animals Disney Conservation Fund is helping protect through our Reverse the Decline, Increase the Time initiative. Be sure to share your photos on social media using #DisneyAnimals!
- Along Maharajah Jungle Trek in Asia, take part in an activity focused on snow leopards, one of the amazing animals featured in Disneynature “Born in China.” You can also pick up a free activity packet (while supplies last) based on the film.
- Disney PhotoPass photographers will create a special Magic Shot image based on “Born in China” and will have fun Earth Day props you can use to enhance your photos.
- Treat yourself to a specialty Party for the Planet chocolate cupcake with chocolate mousse filling and buttercream icing at Creature Comforts and Isle of Java in Discovery Island or panda-themed cookies and candy apples at Zuri’s Sweets Shop in Africa.
You will also be able to:
- Shop special vendors in Discovery Island and Africa who are here for our Earth Day celebrations.
- Be sure to arrive at “Flights of Wonder” early for special conservation-themed preshows and opportunities to meet a Disney veterinarian.
- Show your animal side with face painters and caricature artists at Conservation Station.
- Embrace the adventure! There are more than two dozen other family-friendly experiences and special interactions with our animal care experts and education instructors planned throughout the park, so relax, celebrate nature and enjoy Disney’s Animal Kingdom!
‘Party for the Planet’ will be April 21st-April 23rd at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
I don’t know about you, but there are times when planning a Disney vacation can be overwhelming! There are so many options, where to stay, when to go, is this the best price. So, I want to introduce you all to Cindy Minor and the team at Small World Big Fun. They will help you plan your Disney vacation for FREE.