The Wonders of Life was finally removed from seasonal activity on DisneyWorld.com, but the reason will only be for it’s demise. From February 1, 2008 forward, the pavilion will no longer be officially referred to as the Wonders of Life. In addition, control of the pavilion has been handed over to Walt Disney World Special Events. During the 2008 Epcot InternationalÂ Flower and GardenÂ Festival, the following events will now take place in the pavilion:Â
- March 19 & 20: Roger Swain, “Gardening Bright From the Start” – Host of PBS’ ‘The Victory Garden’ kicks off the Festival with
- March 21 – 23: Joe Lamp’l (joe the gardener) , Green Gardening – Environment friendly tips for today’s gardener
- March 28 – 30: Ellen Zachos , Prehistoric Planting – Learn how ancient species of ‘dinosaur’ plants create a fun garden
- April 4 – 6: Shirley Bovshow, This TV host will instruct you how to bring a touch of artistry to your garden
- April 11 – 13 : Jeffrey Rustuccio, Get Fit Through Gardening – Learn how to garden without the usual calluses, muscle and back aches. Turn your time on your garden into a fitness routine
- April 18 – 20: Tovah Martin, – This respected author and guest on PBS’ ‘Cultivating Life’ will discuss Garden Stewardship and how historic gardens can transition to current trends. Ms. Martin will also give tips from top ‘green’ pros.
- April 25 – 27: Felder Rushing ,Author of ‘Passalong Plants’, acclaimed horticulturist and NPR host, Felder Rushing will discuss SLOW – Slow Gardening. Learn about resilient shrubs, herbs and flowers and learn how to grow ‘designer’ veggies in containers and your flower beds.
- May 2 – 4: Tom MacCubbin , Extension Agent Emeritus with the University of Florida, writer and local media personality, Tom MacCubbin will instruct you in converting your landscaping into a bountiful harvest of foods your family will enjoy.
- May 9 – 11: Raymond Western, Guerlain perfume specialist will discuss how you can plant a fragrant garden and what blooms become part of their fragrances
- May 16 – 18: Robert Bowden,director of Orlando’s renowned “Harry P. Leu Gardens” will give tips for weekend gardeners as well as talk about plants of different textures, colors and habits
- May 23 – 25: Melinda Myers, TV Host and author, this gardening expert will share tips in creating gardens in small spaces as well as maintaining gardens with year round interest
- May 31 – June 1: Jon Carloftis, author of “First A Garden” and “Beyond the Windowsill” shares his expertise in bringing nature into all of your surroundings
It looks like our assessment of theÂ now extinctÂ Future World pavilion was correct, but the idea of a replacement now may be further off than once thought. Other projects at Epcot, such as the addition of new pavilions to World Showcase, fixing the Imagination Pavilion, and upgrading Test Track’s ride system and technologyÂ is most likelyÂ where Epcot’s budget goes to work next.
I don’t know about you, but there are times when planning a Disney vacation can be overwhelming! There are so many options, where to stay, when to go, is this the best price. So, I want to introduce you all to Cindy Minor and the team at Small World Big Fun. They will help you plan your Disney vacation for FREE. Contact them today!