The amazing Around Disney blog over at the OC Register has put up some great coverage from Miley Cyrus’ Sweet 16 event yesterday. There’s way to many posts to even think of quoting here, so I’m just going to link you over to them all:
LIVE COVERAGE: Miley Cyrus’ Disneyland Birthday
Miley Cyrus’ Sweet 16: At The Press Station
Sheesh. The Purple Carpet Is Hetic
Cyrus’ Famous Pals Plan for Fun
Was It Worth the Dough? The Tweens Think So
Miley Cyrus Too Expensive? The Jury’s Still Out
There are also a bunch of photos from the event, including Miley’s performance on the River of America, stars parading up the purple capret, & much more. The guys over at Around Disney have also put up a short video that has interviews with some of the stars & guests that attended the event.
Miley performing along the Rivers of America.
Brady MacDonald over at the LA Times Travel Blog also attended the event, & post this roundup:
Miley Cyrus celebrated her Sweet 16 at Disneyland on Sunday with a jam-packed schedule that would take 10 years off the life of any mere mortal. (View a photo gallery from the party.)
In the space of 12 hours, the “Hannah Montana” star:
- Sat down for a one-on-one interview with “Good Morning America” at the Anaheim theme park.
- Hopped on the Indiana Jones Adventure ride with some kids from her favorite charity. (Later she presented them with a check from Disney for $1 million.)
- Filmed a segment with the Food Network.
- Met with international media at Sleeping Beauty Castle.
- Gave an exclusive interview to Extra television in the Disneyland Dream Suite.
- Rode down the theme park’s parade route in a vintage automobile.
- Raced through a gauntlet of media on the Purple Carpet (her favorite color).
- Jumped on a floating stage on the Rivers of America to entertain 5,000 fans with a four-song set (“See You Again,” “Fly on the Wall,” “Breakout” and “Girls Night Out”).
- Navigated a mob of screaming fans surrounded by a phalanx of security guards before taking refuge with her boyfriend in the Dream Suite.
- Received a “Happy Birthday” serenade from her fans on Main Street U.S.A. followed by a “Best of Both Worlds” fireworks finale.
- Spent another two hours after the park closed riding her favorite attractions with friends and family (her favorite: the Mad Tea Party teacups).
“This is probably the coolest thing that has ever happened to me in my life,” said Cyrus, without breaking a sweat.
And when the evening was over, what was she most excited about? The puppy her parents got her for her birthday.