LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. and ANAHEIM, Calif. (December 17, 2008) – Silver Bells ring for the Silver Anniversary, as Disney Parks celebrates the 25th anniversary of the Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade this December 25 on ABC-TV. Hollywood’s biggest names and Disney’s most beloved characters will bring the holiday magic home in song and style as they light up the holiday from Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and Disneyland Resort in California.
Alongside show-stopping performances and incredible float displays, America’s favorite hosts – Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa from Walt Disney World and Ryan Seacrest from Disneyland – mark the special anniversary of the Emmy-awarding winning television spectacular. Together, they will introduce a star-studded ensemble shining as bright as the fireworks above the parks’ gleaming castles.
The two-hour special of the Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade will air in HD December 25 on ABC-TV throughout the country – 10 a.m. Eastern and 9 a.m. Central, Mountain and Pacific times.
The magic builds with an array of classic floats as well as new characters in celebration of Disney’s monumental Parade anniversary. Special highlights from holidays past will feature memorable moments ranging from wacky hosts, unforgettable performances and traditional favorites.
*A True Disney Celebration 25 Years in the Making*
From the hottest pop stars and legendary performers to world-class artists, a symphony of sounds unites as celebrities help Disney mark the 25th anniversary of the Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade.
- Kicking off the celebration, megastar Miley Cyrus returns to the Parade for another upbeat performance, singing a rockin’ version of “Santa Claus Is Coming To Town” at the Magic Kingdom.
- Sibling pop-rock phenomenon, Jonas Brothers, are sure to thrill fans as they perform their Christmas tune at Disneyland Park, “Joyful Kings”.
- Grammy award-winning legend Jose Feliciano performs his classic “Feliz Navidad”.
- “American Idol’s” 2008 champion David Cook rings in the holiday spirit with an exclusive acoustic arrangement of “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”.
- Multi-platinum recording artist and co-star of Disney Channel’s popular series “Hannah Montana,” Billy Ray Cyrus, will bring down the house with his rock ‘n’ roll Christmas single, “Run Rudolph Run”.
- Broadway superstar Sarah Brightman performs “Silent Night”.
- Star of Disney’s blockbuster “High School Musical” films, Corbin Bleu, heads to the front of the class for an A+ act singing a Disney Parks original song, “Celebrate You”.
- Playhouse Disney’s entertaining music group for preschoolers, Imagination Movers, will spread festive cheer singing an original holiday song, “Give a Gift”.
- Donning their holiday best, Disney’s most cherished characters including Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Pluto, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Goofy, Pinocchio, Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Belle, Ariel and Jasmine gallivant through Magic Kingdom alongside gingerbread men, toy soldiers and reindeer throughout the anniversary special. They will be joined in the Christmas character cavalcade by some of the newest and brightest additions to the Disney family, including Prince Caspian.
- Adventure, danger and intrigue are ‘unleashed’ when the characters from the new Walt Disney Pictures “Bolt,” starring the superhero dog, Bolt and friends including, a jaded housecat named Mittens and TV-obsessed hamster named Rhino, let loose for the Parade atop a brand-new float.
- Taking flight in their parade debut, Tinker Bell’s glittering Disney Fairies from the enchanting world of “Pixie Hollow” sparkle with delight as they sprinkle Pixie Dust in the 25th anniversary celebration. Tinker Bell will be joined by her four fairy friends – Iridessa, Fawn, Silvermist and Rosetta. The five fairies currently star in the new animated hit film on Disney DVD, “Disney Fairies”.
- ‘Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious’ takes on new meaning when stars of “Mary Poppins” at Broadway’s New Amsterdam Theatre are accompanied by 600 performers to create a rousing performance down Main Street U.S.A. – leading the way is Ashley Brown, the original Broadway actress playing Mary; Gavin Lee who first played Bert at West End Prince Edward Theatre; Cassady Leonard as Jane Banks; and Neil McCaffrey as Michael Banks.
- It’s a jungle out there when the show-stopping musical number, “Festival of the Lion King” creates a high-energy spectacle in this lavish celebration featuring favorite Disney songs.
I don’t know about you, but there are times when planning a Disney vacation can be overwhelming! There are so many options, where to stay, when to go, is this the best price. So, I want to introduce you all to Cindy Minor and the team at Small World Big Fun. They will help you plan your Disney vacation for FREE. Contact them today!