Tom Corless has checked in with us while waiting for his tour of Bay Lake Tower, with a few interesting tidbits of information. Firstly, the July 4th holiday schedule had some interesting additions to the Magic Kingdom entertainment lineup:
- SpectroMagic will perform twice on July 4th at 10:30pm and 12:30am.
- Celebrate a Dream Come True will also perform twice on July 4th at 12:00pm and its normal 3:00pm run (this is the first time anyone can ever remember the 3:00pm parade being performed twice so perhaps attendance is back to normal at least for this week).
- UPDATE: The Magic Kingdom will now be open until 1:00am on July 4th.
As previously reported:
Guests celebrating the Fourth of July at Walt Disney World Resort will have a choice of fireworks shows as Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Hollywood Studios present special pyrotechnics and Epcot adds a patriotic “tag” to its famous “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” spectacular. Here’s what’s in store:
- Magic Kingdom – “Celebrate America Fireworks” will fill the sky at 9 pm. July 4 (guests who’d like to begin the celebratory weekend a day early can enjoy the special fireworks on July 3 at 9 p.m.).
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Special fireworks will be presented at 10 p.m. on July 4, providing guests with a bonus nighttime entertainment extravaganza to complement “Fantasmic!” (which will be at 9 p.m. and 10:45 p.m.). Park hours on July 4 are 9 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Epcot – “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth,” which features dazzling special effects, colorful lasers, brilliant fireworks and fiery torches all choreographed to a musical score, becomes even more dynamic on July 4 as the normal show is supplemented with a patriotic finale. The performance begins at 10 p.m. Park hours on July 4 are 9 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom – No fireworks here (we wouldn’t want to disturb the animals’ rest). Guests can enjoy all the regular attractions and shows on July 4 from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Tom also checked in with a quick piece of information regarding Stitch’s Supersonic Celebration. It appears though we have reports that this show is no more it is still appearing on the times guide only listing itself as “no showings”.
As always stay tuned to WDW News Today as we track this and other news from around the Walt Disney World Resort!
I don’t know about you, but there are times when planning a Disney vacation can be overwhelming! There are so many options, where to stay, when to go, is this the best price. So, I want to introduce you all to Cindy Minor and the team at Small World Big Fun. They will help you plan your Disney vacation for FREE. Contact them today!