Details have been announced for the 2010 Food and Wine Festival at Disney’s California Adventure.
- The Hollywood Pictures Backlot comes to life as the new hub of energy and excitement, complete with artists, musicians and an international beer menu at the Brewers Collection. At the new Festival Showplace located in Stage 12, guests will sample from the delicious tapas menu at the Taste of California Marketplace and relax at the new Hollywood & Wine Lounge.
- Among the most popular events at the festival are live culinary demonstrations and autograph sessions with popular celebrity chefs. Along with Guy Fieri and Cat Cora, those scheduled to present include Robert Irvine, Jeffrey Saad and Kerry Simon.
- Hundreds of complimentary experiences and cooking demonstrations will entertain guests during the 46-day festival, many featuring the talents of Disneyland Resort chefs. Guest will also enjoy seminars that feature outstanding wine, spirits and beer.
- At the spectacular ticketed events, food and wine aficionados will collect cooking tips from chefs, mingle with noted winemakers and celebrate the palette of flavors presented by culinary masters.
- Also new this year is a Brewmaster Dinner on May 7. The ingredients for this memorable evening include savory seasonal fare artfully paired with handcrafted Karl Strauss beers.
- Taste Food-Wine-Life: This fun, high-energy evening combines the best elements of the Food & Wine Festival into one grand celebration, May 29. The immersive party has live entertainment, an outstanding selection of wines and colorful décor. Guests will stroll from station to station sampling delectable food dishes created by the chefs of Disneyland Resort.
- Sweet Sundays: The sweetest of all events features a light buffet breakfast and sparkling toast at the new Festival Showplace in Disney’s California Adventure. Guests will see demonstrations and taste signature desserts created by acclaimed pastry chefs, including Richard Ruskell of Montage Beverly Hills.
- Winemaker Dinners: Disneyland Resort chefs partner with premier California winemakers to prepare outstanding culinary delights at exclusive Winemaker Dinners on selected Friday nights. Each festival meal is paired with award-winning vintages and served at Steakhouse 55, inside the Disneyland Hotel.
- Napa Rose Cooking School: Disney Executive Chef Andrew Sutton will once again lead this hands-on course that sells out quickly. Each class will create and enjoy a four-course meal, expertly paired with wines, and each class member will go home with a white chef’s coat embroidered with the festival logo. This rare opportunity takes place in the show kitchen of the renowned Napa Rose restaurant at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa. Guests must be at least 18 years old.
- Introduction to Wine Tasting: In this entertaining class, Advanced Sommelier Joy Cushing introduces guests to the joys of wine tasting. Guests will learn about wine regions, varietals, growing and harvesting techniques and then test their skills with a blind tasting.
I don’t know about you, but there are times when planning a Disney vacation can be overwhelming! There are so many options, where to stay, when to go, is this the best price. So, I want to introduce you all to Cindy Minor and the team at Small World Big Fun. They will help you plan your Disney vacation for FREE. Contact them today!