The Disney Parks Blog finally released some details on how World of Color Fastpass is going to distributed on opening day.
“World of Color” Disney’s FASTPASS Ticket – FASTPASS tickets for “World of Color” will be available each morning at the Grizzly River Run FASTPASS terminals. Guests can insert their park tickets into the terminal to obtain a FASTPASS ticket to view “World of Color.” As with other FASTPASS attractions, there will be a limited number of FASTPASS tickets available for the show. Note: guests will not be able to pick a specific show time. FASTPASS tickets will first be distributed for the earlier show, and after those have been distributed, FASTPASS tickets will then be distributed for the later show. When all of the day’s “World of Color” FASTPASS tickets have been distributed, Grizzly River Run terminals will convert back to distributing Grizzly River Run FASTPASS tickets.
Tip: If you would like to see the show on the day of its premiere, June 11, here are a few things you should know about getting a “World of Color” FASTPASS ticket. If you arrive before park opening, you may park in the Pumba parking lot on Disney Way and, beginning at 7 a.m., gather at the Main Entrance to Disney California Adventure park. When Disney California Adventure park opens to the public, guests lined up for FASTPASS will be walked into the park and over to the FASTPASS terminals. As always, theme park admission will be required to enter the park to obtain a FASTPASS ticket and to view the show.
- “World of Color” Picnic Meals – You can also secure reserved viewing by ordering a special boxed picnic meal. Picnic meals may be ordered online – www.disneyland.com – or by walk-up purchase, subject to availability, at the Sonoma Terrace, Golden Vine Winery. They are not available for order via the (714) 781-DINE line.
- Online orders may be placed up to 60 days in advance but may not be placed on the same day as redemption. The meals may be picked up at the Sonoma Terrace from 2:00 p.m. to up to one hour prior to your reserved “World of Color” show time.
- Subject to availability, guests who order Picnic meals online will be assigned to the evening’s first show, and guests who make a walk-up purchase will be assigned to that evening’s second show.
- Picnic meal options include four selections for adults: “The All American” (cold honey-stung fried chicken), “The Taste of Asia” (chilled miso-glazed salmon), “The European Antipasto” (cured meats, regional cheeses, artichoke heart, sun-dried tomato) and “The Mediterranean Vegetarian” (marinated grilled vegetables in a whole wheat wrap with roasted garlic hummus). Kids’ options for chidren ages 3-9 include “The Junior All American” (chicken), “The Lunchbox Classic” (peanut butter and jelly) and “The Little Squirt’s Box” (apple wedges, string cheese).
- All picnic meals with “World of Color” Reserved Viewing are priced at $14.99 and must be redeemed for the designated reserved show date and time. No refunds, exchanges or other discounts.
- Each guest entering the reserved viewing area must have reserved viewing area admission. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Guests may only enter the viewing area during designated times and no early or late admission will be allowed. Guests in large parties may not be guaranteed admission within the same reserved viewing area. Separate theme park admission is required.
- Prix Fixe “World of Color” Dinners – Prix fixe meals with “World of Color” Preferred Reserved Viewing are available at both the newly redesigned Wine Country Trattoria and Ariel’s Grotto restaurants. Guests may order from a selection of Italian cuisine at Wine Country Trattoria ($39.99 for adults; $12.99 for children ages 3-9), or a varied menu of seafood, meat and vegetarian options at Ariel’s Grotto ($36.99 for adults; $20.99 for children ages 3-9). Both restaurants offer Preferred Reserved Viewing for “World of Color.” Reservations: (714) 781-DINE. Seatings are at specified times and space is limited. No early or late admissions. Children must be accompanied by an adult. No refunds, exchanges or other discounts. Separate theme park admission is required.
There is one more option. If you are unable to obtain Disney’s FASTPASS tickets or reserve dinner packages for “World of Color,” you may still view the show from other viewing locations on the boardwalk side of Paradise Bay.
DLNT will be attending the Media Event and the opening day so stay tuned for a photo report and several videos.
I don’t know about you, but there are times when planning a Disney vacation can be overwhelming! There are so many options, where to stay, when to go, is this the best price. So, I want to introduce you all to Cindy Minor and the team at Small World Big Fun. They will help you plan your Disney vacation for FREE. Contact them today!