From the Disney Parks Blog:
It’s been 55 years since our gates opened. Fifty-five years of being a place of “joy and inspiration to all the world” – and we couldn’t be happier to share it with all of you. Here’s what’s in store for the week leading up to our anniversary on July 17.
- Special edition park maps will be available all week, and the image above is a sneek peek at what they’ll look like.
- Now through July 17, select Disneyland dining locations offer commemorative 55th Anniversary cakes.
- Select merchandise locations will offer 55th Anniversary candy packaging and cupcakes with the 55th Anniversary logo.
- On July 17 …
- At noon the dedication ceremony will take place in Town Square.
- At 4:15 pm join the cast in singing Happy Birthday to our beloved Disneyland.
- Check out the 55th Anniversary Art & Collectible merchandise event with artists Dave Avanzino, Jody Daily, Kevin Kidney and Noah will be held at The Disney Gallery from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Have you heard the buzz? It’s all in the bag … or that’s what I hear. Look for a special event taking place at Disney Vault 28 from 2 – 4 pm.
- Wear a smile from “ear to ear” with a special Mickey Mouse Ear Hat featuring premium embroidery that reads “D 55th,” July 17, 2010, available exclusively on July 17.
For more information on those last two items, look for special posts from Michelle Harker next week.
We hope you join us as we look back on more than half a century of achievements, and look forward to the next 55 years!
Most of the DLNT crew will be at Disneyland for the WDWCelebrations Event “Fifty-Five.” So stay tuned for video and a photo report of the anniversary day event.