You asked for it! After our first successful meet-up back in May, we’ve been planning our next event. We’ve had a lot of requests for a “World of Color” Meet-Up, so next Thursday we’ll be making that wish come true for 300 guests. If you’re a true “World of Color” fan, you will have the opportunity to hear from some of the show’s creators, including two Imagineers.
We’ll be hosting a panel discussion with Steven Davison, Vice President of Parades and Spectaculars, Sayre Wiseman, Director of Show Production, and Mary Niven, Vice President of Disney California Adventure park and Guest Services.
The event will be a rare opportunity for a personal, behind-the-scenes look at the show and its creators. Fans will have a chance to ask questions and to hear the show’s creators talk about some of their favorite memories since they started working on this project in 2005.
As if that weren’t enough, for this very special event, we will have reserved viewing in Paradise Park at the 9:00 p.m. performance of “World of Color” for this exclusive group.
The event will take place from 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. on Thursday, August 26, 2010, and check-in will close at 7:15 p.m.
To attend, please RSVP to [email protected], beginning at 11 a.m. PT, today, and you must include “RSVP to World of Color Meet-Up” in your subject line.The event is subject to capacity of 300 people, so we recommend that you RSVP quickly.
Here are a few things you should know:
- Valid RSVPs must include the following information:
- Subject line must read “RSVP to World of Color Meet-Up.”
- Your name must be included in the body of the email.
- If you are bringing one guest, you must note that in the body of the email. We do not need the name of your guest, but if you do not request a guest at the time you send your RSVP by email, you will not be permitted to bring a guest. RSVPs that include missing information (e.g. incomplete names, incorrect subject line) or request more than one guest will not be accepted and will not be considered valid.
- Valid photo I.D. will be required at check-in.
- All guests who RSVP for the event must be 18 years or older, but your guest is not required to be 18.
- The event is subject to change or cancellation.
- We will send an email to respondents who sent their valid RSVP via email before we reached capacity to confirm their attendance for August 26. We plan to send this email at approximately 2:00 p.m. PT today, and we will also post a link on the Disney Parks Blog that will include a list of names of all attendees. If you do not receive an email from us confirming your reservation and your name does not appear on the list of attendees, your RSVP was not accepted.
UPDATE: We’re thrilled with the great response to the “World of Color” Meet-Up! We have reached capacity. At approximately 2:00 p.m. PT, we will send the meet-up attendees a confirmation email. By 5:00 p.m. PT, we will post a link to the complete list of attendees. If you are on the list and did not receive a confirmation email, please contact us at [email protected] Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for additional meet-ups in the future.