Here Come the Pirates!

Disney today announced some details of the upcoming Pirates of the Caribbean series. It will be a blind box set based on the theme park attraction and will have 11 characters with 1 mystery chaser. Although this series is not based on the movie, a Jack Sparrow chaser is a real possibility… as he was added to the ride a few years back. Disney should release pictures of more figures as the time comes. We expect the series to be released on May 21st (if the Art of Disney blog is right). Yesterday we saw the Dirty Foot Pirate by Casey Jones. The figure below is also a Casey creation. This series should also give us a good idea of how they will do “attraction” series like the Haunted Mansion set expected in September.
Also notice that this series will be using the new vinylmation mold design.

Chris (IndyandMarion)
Chris (IndyandMarion)

And there goes my tax return….

Gareth
Gareth

Looks like I’ll be camping out again.

debergkamp
debergkamp

I love Pirates of the Caribbean and this series looks to be good. But, I’m disappointed at the same time as I fear this hurts chances of Pirates and Haunted Mansion characters from being included in future park series or even “concept vinyls” based on the attractions (think primevil whirl) as the artists will reserve their designs for the pirates and haunted mansion series.

Dev
Dev

I want a case of these for sure! I wonder if there is even a remote chance of an online release? If not do they sell full cases over the phone? I know they won’t do limited editions that way but I’ve never tried for a full tray. Anyone know?

Evilos
Reply to  Dev

I agree, Dev. It would be cool if Disney had some way for collectors to be able to order these “Out of State” I know some releases don’t even show up on DS.com, good luck.

Dev
Dev
Reply to  Evilos

Thanks Evilos, yes out of towners like myself are getting more & more frustrated when releases don’t hit DS.com such as Ducktales.