Spook up Your Vinylmation Collection

Spooky Series 1
Release Date: August 22
Where: Disney Stores Exclusive

Update: 8/5/11

Photo from Disney’s Vinylmation Blog

Sometimes Disney drops something on us so out of the blue and awesome that our jaws drop. Take a peak at what will be in Disney Stores for us on August 22:

Photo from Disney’s Vinylmation Blog

Mickeystien! This Mickey monster has a cool flat top hair style and clear ears. I really enjoy the Mickey Vinylmation, there are just not enough that use Mickey.

Photo from Disney’s Vinylmation Blog

Of course, packaged with Mickeystien in this great combo set is The Bride of Mickeystien! Minnie is all spooked up on this figure. You can see the hair is raised up from the figure itself. She has stitches and also uses the clear ears.

Photo from Disney’s Vinylmation Blog

This combo pack will be released on August 22nd at Disney Stores and will retail for $26.95. This is a look at the back of the box. I like the fact that this is “Limited Release” not Limited Edition. Meaning it will be out for a period of time, not limited to a certain production number. This is also labeled as Spooky Series 1. Meaning we are probably going to see more down the road.

Will you be adding this set? Or is it too scary for you? What characters would you like to see monsterfied? I’d love a Donald Duck Vampire!

Konrad Neumann (@VinylKonrad)
Konrad Neumann (@VinylKonrad)

broken record…. new mold = more money in my pocket. it’s a shame. these are awesome.

Erica
Erica

Agreed 100%.

Jon
Jon

broken record…..new mold is probably sticking around, get used to it.

I think the designs look great though! You think they are awesome, but you don’t like them because of the principal of it being on the new mold? Just doesn’t make sense to me. These are FANTASTIC I will buy them in a heartbeat.

Konrad Neumann (@VinylKonrad)
Konrad Neumann (@VinylKonrad)
Reply to  Jon

The quality of the new mold is AWEFUL. it feels like a mcdonalds happy meal toy.

Konrad Neumann (@VinylKonrad)
Konrad Neumann (@VinylKonrad)
Reply to  Jon

also… my fiance won’t let me buy it. lol

Amy
Amy

agreed. love it. hate the mold. It really is a shame for those who just recently got into vinylmation like myself who have to have such a limited collection now that this new mold is coming into play. No offense to Disney, but they are just not the same and not worth the money with the mold changes

Zoe
Zoe

I love these so much!! Do you think they will be at limited stores like kidada? Or everywhere! Can’t wait!! :)

kermit528
kermit528

Good call on the limited releases a while back in the posting describing what you wanted to change with regard to the limited editions of vinyls. I have to admit, this set doesn’t look half-bad in the new mold. It would be cool if you can take off the franken-mickey hair and reveal like half a brain or something.

Konrad Neumann (@VinylKonrad)
Konrad Neumann (@VinylKonrad)
Reply to  kermit528

I was thinking the SAME thing.

Chelsea
Chelsea

These are amazing! And despite how much I dislike the new mold, I barely noticed because they are designed so well! Hopefully this is a sign that the future sets in the new mold will be of much better printing quality than the first batches

JT
JT

I think these are Awesome!! Hope to see more Character designs released in this series soon.

Ronalee`
Ronalee`

I am SO excited for this set!! Goofy as a werewolf and Pluto as a bat or spider?? How about Donald as a ghost and Daisy as a vampire or Madusa? To be honest the more designs they come out with on the new molds the less I dislike it. Its not THAT bad…

Bogdan Paprocki
Bogdan Paprocki

i would like to see Donald Duck as the Creature From The Black Lagoon.

Carol
Carol

Really like this set – quite different to other 2 piece sets and nice that it is Mickey and Minnie. Really looking forward to getting this limited release and then seeing what the next characters are going to be.

I think we all need to get over the ‘old’ mold versus the ‘new’ mold thing – the discussion is getting weary.

I, for one, will be buying this set regardless.

Penguin
Penguin

I like this set and am looking forward to the rest of the gang having their halloween makeover. The only thing I don’t like is that its another disney store release!

underdog
underdog

pass..even the new Mickey hardly looks like Mickey.:(

Lindsey Branch
Lindsey Branch

how long do you think these will be around for? I taking it that they will be around longer then LE’s as they are only Limited Release, but how limited is it as i won’t be able to get a set till September