Dole Whips: Now Served… on eBay?

Dole Whips are a favorite treat at Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom. You can even find them at the Polynesian Resort. But I bet you didn’t know you can order one up on eBay today? A few readers pointed us toward an eBay auction from a Hong Kong seller selling a 3″ Dole Whip figure that we are expecting to see as part of Park 9. This figure is most likely a dumpster diver and as we said many times here and on the podcast, it is not a good idea to purchase these and we do not recommend it. It hurts the hobby and you get a figure with low quality not meant to be in the public’s hands. All that said, let’s take a look at the figure.

A look at the front shows swirls in the head with a cherry in the middle. There is an umbrella in one ear and the ice cream whipped up into a point on the other.
The back features some more swirls in the head, the other side of the umbrella and a pineapple ring. Do you think we may see a variant Orange Dole Whip as well? I for one enjoy the orange version better at the parks.

The interesting thing about the bottom is the figure is officially called “Frozen Drink.” We see that it is also designed by Caley Hicks.

Evilos

Might of had to pay royalties to DOLE to use the name or they didn’t want to bother with licensing for one silly figure.

evnted
evnted

I know it’s a scrapper but I’m not at all impressed with the look of the figure. Too plain. They could’ve made the bottom a little more interesting.

Chuck
Chuck

I think it is funny that everyone is calling this figure a Dole Whip, but if you look at the design it is clearly the Dole Whip Float (with the umbrella and cherry) that can be found outside the Tiki Room at Disneyland. The dole whip floats at the Aloha Isle in the Magic Kingdom do not come with the umbrella and cherry. On the body of the design you can see part of the ice cream that is floating in the pineapple juice. I love design and plan on getting a couple of these vinyls.

Brad B
Brad B

Hey Disneyland folks, who say Disney has forsaken DLR in Vinylmation designs the last few Park series, well, here is a Vinylmation that is a Disneyland exclusive design. Nick & Chuck say that WDW does NOT have the umbrella in their floats, only DLR does. Congratulations!

Lando
Lando

There’s a good possibility this might be the chaser for park 9 since we have seen all the other designs in pin form except this one.

Jason
Jason

I have had Dole Whips at MK and never once had a cherry or umbrella. I wish the color of this was lighter/less saturated — no Dole Whip I ever had was that color.