Episode 069 Steampunk

Ep. 069 Steampunk

This week we review many sets including Snow White, Robots 2, Haunted Mansion Pocket Watch and the LE Alice sets. Urban 9 is released and the Brave set and some chasers are revealed.

Listen in Popup Player

Download podcast

Disneyman

With urban 9, i have the fly and the head doesen’t move. I dont know if it was just a production malfunction, a problem with the vinyl itself, or from now on vinylmation heads won’t move. If thats true vinylmation looks a lot less appealing from now on.

Rust
Reply to  Disneyman

It’s probably that the paint from the head and body are stuck together because they didn’t fully dry when they were assembled at the factory. The vinylmations are all still the same mold, so it doesn’t make sense for one’s head to not move, especially when there are no special pieces.

Reply to  Rust

Ok, thanks. I just got a little bit worried (also because the 25th anniversarry confeddi dosent move)

Annemarie
Annemarie
Reply to  Disneyman

I noticed this with my March Hare vinyl. I’ve never tried to move its head before (I normally don’t have a reason to) but it won’t budge.

Reply to  Annemarie

Yeah, I hope this isin’t the direction of vinylmation where all heads won’t move

I guess some vinyls have a bad case of siatica LOL

Cole
Cole
Reply to  Disneyman

I looked and the confetti One does not have different parts. It seems an all-together thing.

Reply to  Cole

Yes, like rust said its made of a different material so the confeddi could be sealed into the mold

Rust
Reply to  Cole

They also removed the pegs where the head and arms are attached so that you could see right through the figure without seeing the joints.

There would be no reason to do that with the fly.

Reply to  Cole

Disney needs to shape up these products! wheather its the heads paint is dripping down or a production error, they need better quality

Reply to  Cole

this is a shoutout to all you vinylmation people, i am willing to trade for the park 7, park 8, and urban 6 chasers. Plleeeaaaasssseee!!!!!

Aaralyn

Loved the podcast as always. It’s amazing how fast the two of you make an hour fly by.

Nathan
Nathan

+1 for Rust. I know there have been a couple recently that I’ve had to really twist for the head to break loose. I’m sure it’s just the paint. Also, the 25th Ann. doesn’t move. None of the parts were designed to move since this particular one was made using acrylic and not the standard plastic material we are accustom to.

DisneyMozart