Light Up Chaser Revealed

Today, via the Vinylmation Exchange Facebook trading page, the Disney Store 25th Anniversary Light Up chaser was supposedly revealed. It was posted by Angela Vega. Although no official word by Disney about the chaser, we have seen the 11 known figures in this set, so it is safe to assume this is the real chaser. It is a very interesting character choice that in my opinion makes it a great chaser. The character, although off the beaten path a bit, has appeared on a previous Vinylmation design. Click the picture below to reveal the chaser.

Rust

It’s awesome. Best figure in the entire set.

Brad B
Brad B

Interesting chaser choice. Most of the other light up characters are more popular Disney characters from the “mainstream” Disney movies. Although Fantasia itself is an oldie, but goodie, the Dancing Hippo is not. As a Vinylmation, I like the character as well as any, but thought other guess such as The Beast would have fit better in the set. On a related note, we have seen Sorcerer Mickey all lit up and the shortcoming of the head not showing the light very well, the Hippo head looks as though it would inhibit light even more. I guess we will have… Read more »

Penguin
Penguin
Reply to  Brad B

Looking at Disney’s photos of some of the figures lit up, I’m to assume the lighter colours on the face partially light up. However this is definitely not the case with the colour black. Plus there is an area around the neck that should allow some light to escape and therefore highlight the face.
Also to note with Disney’s photos, it has been taken on a black background in order to emphasise the amount they light up.

Brad B
Brad B
Reply to  Penguin

Seems the only opportunity for light to shine through in this face is the teeth, pupils, and clear ears (if there is any light left by the time it reaches the ears).

Ell
Ell

Sooo cute love it very creative and unexpected

IndyandMarion

There goes the chance for the Tangled Lantern.

Crglrsn
Crglrsn
Reply to  IndyandMarion

Ooh, that would have been Amazing, yet somewhat obscure (though not bad) idea. I would have chased after that idea. I’ll pass on the hippo, personally.

Disneyman
Disneyman

wow nick, you finnaly won a prediction

Cole
Cole

Wow!! This is a great Chaser!! This is quite a surprise though, because I thought the chaser would be a HUGELY well known Disney character, because its a big event. I love the figure anyway though. So, overall, I really like it!!

DisneyMozart
DisneyMozart

This just made the whole entire set a million times better!!!! Fantasia (and Fantasia) are in my top 3 Disney films of all time. I will definitely be getting the whole set, although, with sich mixed reviews on this set (chaser included), I think that it might be a better buy to ‘secondary market’ a whole set.

DisneyMozart

Annemarie
Annemarie

I love it. Anything from Fantasia and I’m in. She’ll look great next to Sorcerer Mickey!

Pontoulfe
Pontoulfe

There is someone on ebay that has a case of the light ups and is selling them. They revealed the chaser. How were they able to get the case? They have not been released yet!!!! This is very disturbing!!! Are they stolen?
The seller is apple9117.

Aaralyn

I love it too; I am generally a fan of this whole set. I can’t resist cuteness…

Cole
Cole

Hmmm…. Does this photo seem to be a picture of a Tv or computer screen?? Just me maybe

Cinderelli
Cinderelli

Yes there is a seller on eBay that had an incredible amount of the 25th series and furry friends cases. So word is they must be stolen especially with how cheap they were selling for. But it’s not the seller you mentioned.