New 9″ Figures Shown Off

A couple 9″ Park 8 LEs and an unidentified figure were on display today at the Disney Moms event as well. No release date or prices. Thanks to @kelskc for tweeting us these pics by @njoysiscaretti.

Park 8 Contemporary and Monorail combo.
Park 8 Birthday Cake Castle
This 9″ was also on display. It is on the old 9″ mold. Can you help identify it? Is it an Art of Animation? Although the design isn’t representative of any of the hotels being constructed.

Lysette Wittmann
Lysette Wittmann

oh I like the Monorail Combo and the Birthday cake is a for sure must!

Wot
Wot

Actually, these are kind of ugly when close up. The Contemporary isn’t as amazing as I hope it’d be, but I do appreciate the 3″ isn’t a Monorail Red/Orange but a Gold. And the Castle Cake… Oh my dog. I love the Castle Cake but I really dislike how it’s portrayed on the 9″. Doesn’t even resemble Cinderella Castle.

Cole
Cole

Why do the new mold 9 inches have 2 left arms??

Vinylv
Vinylv

Disappointed with the choice of putting this on the new mold. All of these are ugly! Well, at least this will save me some $$!

Cinderelli
Cinderelli

There was a lot of talk that people thought that monorail was going to be red so glad that it is infact gold

Sam Fritz
Sam Fritz

To help you with your question, their was an exhibit in tomorrowland at disneyland in the 60’s that showed the process of animation and that 9 inch is that exhibit’s poster.

DJ
DJ

You can check out the original poster for the Art of Animation exhibit at Disneyland here:

IndyandMarion
IndyandMarion

Wow. The cake vinyl is just as wretched as its inspiration.

Marlon Ferman
Marlon Ferman

I personally love the last one. Just amazing to see it.

Rust

Yeah, the castle cake sucks. It would be ok for a 3″, but for a 9″ I usually expect more detail.

Josh
Josh

Is it just a coincidence but the ones that look the worst are the ones on the new mold. I went to WDW when the castle was decorated to look like a cake and that vinyl does not represent it at all, just awful looking.

Brian
Brian

I agree the Animation one matches the Disneyland poster someone linked, but isn’t this series a WDW 40th anniversary series? Dd the exhibit come to Florida?

evnted
evnted

Contemporary looks nice, Birthday Cake could’ve been great but lacks detail, and 3rd I’m not familiar with but looks ok. Excited to see the Yeti P8 9 inch. By the way, why 2 left hands?

Bob dickens
Bob dickens

Boy they are really trying to kill of the 9″, especially if its at that new bs MSRP of 74.99. these were all great ideas, just executed incorrectly. The contemporary and birthday cake castle could have been so much more =(