LED Lighting Enhancements Added to Journey Into Imagination with Figment

So, while we have been tweeting a lot over the last 10 days or so, Disney’s wonderful wifi at their resorts (Pop Century and Art of Animation) have kept us from posting some news. Apologies for the long gap without stories, but there is about to be a flood of news coming you way over the next week or so starting with this interesting tidbit.

If you thought that Epcot may soon replace the Journey Into Imagination with Figment attraction (just now celebrating its tenth anniversary), you may be in for a surprise. Another significant investment in the ride has just been made, this time in the attraction lighting. A few months ago we showed you the installation of new screens and projectors through the ride, but now two scenes have added dramatic LED lighting and effects.

The smell lab scene now changes between two colors before blasting you with an unpleasant odor, while the finale scene becomes a rainbow of rotating colors. I hate to say this, but this makes a dramatic difference. Not only does the finale actually stay completely hidden until the walls explode, but the reveal is actually a “wow” moment. So while no replacement is on the way yet, it’s nice to see time and effort spent on a forgotten attraction. Here’s video of the changes:

So, what do you think?

Jennifer Bureau
Jennifer Bureau

So the smell lab change didn't impress me much but the finale with the color changing lights is a huge improvement. Definitely a nice touch.

Michelle Phelan

I love this ride! I've had a light switch cover with Figment on it since I was a little girl and we used to live in Orlando. I'm happy to know this ride is still here…and with some new things added!

Imagineer2017
Imagineer2017

The smell lab lighting was added about a month ago. (as seen here: http://imagineer2017.wordpress.com/2012/03/19/wdw… . The new finalie lighting is very nice! It interesting to see them still putting work into this attraction.

Michael Bolton
Michael Bolton

The finale lighting looks great. The color changing lighting in the Finale needs to be added to "it's a small world" Finale like it was at Disneyland.

DantheLightMan
DantheLightMan

awesome lighting; great to see Disney investing in the future!

Scott Petty

I would be very upset if they took this ride out. This is one of my all time favorites at WDW. Love the new lighting at the end.

Lexi
Lexi

I really wish that Disney would update this ride and make it something that people truly enjoy. I love this ride but there are some people I talked to that didn't even know it was there. That needs to be changed!! :)

Lexi