From Pam Brandon of Disney Parks Blog:
At last, lots of new spots for dining have debuted at Disney California Adventure park! And what we love most is that quick-service dining has moved way beyond burgers and dogs.
Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Café has caused lots of excitement with the announcement of Starbucks coffee drinks, but we’re just as excited about the signature sammies like a turkey Reuben, paneer and roasted vegetable, and salami with olive tapenade. And our favorite soup is this slightly spicy cheesy enchilada soup.
Have you tried this soup yet?
Cheesy Enchilada Soup
Serves 6 to 8
5 yellow corn tortillas, cut into thin strips
1/4 cup vegetable oil, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup corn
5 cups chicken stock
15-ounce can tomato puree
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1 1/4 teaspoons chili powder
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 1/4 teaspoons sugar
3/4 teaspoon Tapatio hot sauce
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
4 teaspoons flour
1/2 cup water
2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Heat 1/4 cup vegetable oil in a 10-inch skillet. When oil is hot, add tortilla strips and stir until golden and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Cook onion in remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat until translucent. Add garlic, bell pepper and corn; cook for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken stock, tomato puree, salt, chili powder, pepper, sugar, hot sauce, and Worcestershire sauce; bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Whisk flour and water in a small bowl and stir into soup. Bring to a boil, then simmer 4 minutes.
- Add chicken and bring back to a simmer. Stir in cream, sour cream, shredded cheese, and black beans.
- To serve, garnish with fried tortilla strips and cilantro.