An exciting new concept shop is coming to Downtown Disney Marketplace in the Spring of 2014. The Merchandise Co Op will be moving into the space that is currently occupied by Team Mickey, located next to TrenD.
The Merchandise Co Op features a unique “shop within a shop” concept. Within the co-op space, six shops will operate under one roof. The Marketplace Co Op’s six new spaces will be:
- Beautifully Disney – A beauty destination for woman featuring make-up, fragrance and beauty accessories.
- Cherry Tree Lane – Accessories for the sophisticated woman with a passion for scarves, shoes, bags and jewelry.
- D-Tech on Demand – A place to personalize and customize your own electronic accessories.
- The Trophy Room- Vintage inspired, lifestyle sports apparel and collectibles.
- Centerpiece – Home product for Guests that want a splash of Disney in their room furnishings, textiles and everyday ware.
- Zoey and Pickles – A girls’ destination containing the latest trends and glamour for the up and coming fashionista.
Tom Sheldon, manager of retail design and development for Disney Theme Park Merchandise, suggests to “think about your favorite marketplaces from across the US. These unique shopping experiences in major cities like Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, or New York all have something in common – they are compelling and distinct, allowing visitors to connect to the environment, and fostering a sense of discovery. This is our goal with the Marketplace Co Op.”
“This public marketplace will serve as a laboratory to showcase new concepts and specialty products,” continued Tom. “It will be an incubator to introduce exciting new Disney retail shops and products.”
Embellishments to the building’s construction and design will reveal its craftsmen style identity. The Marketplace Cop Op also plans on keeping the original ceiling elements, especially the skylight.
Work on the new Marketplace Co Op will begin in early 2014.
Will you check out the new Marketplace Co Op? What do you think of the new marketplace co op concept?