Disney and ABC-TV today released the star-studded lineup for the 30th annual rolling of the Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade, which will air on Christmas morning.
This year, Neil Patrick Harris will host the telecast from Walt Disney World Resort in Florida while Nick Cannon will host the telecast from Disneyland Resort. Cannon hosted last year’s Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade. Joining Harris and Cannon as a special correspondent will be lifestyle journalist and co-anchor of ABC’s Good Morning America, Lara Spencer.
Walt Disney World Resort Host Neil Patrick Harris
Disneyland Resort Host Nick Cannon
Special Correspondent Lara Spencer
The 30th annual special will air nationwide Christmas morning at 10:00 a.m. EST and 9:00 a.m. CST, MST and PST on ABC-TV, as well as airing in Canada on CBC Network and across the world on the American Forces Network.
The telecast from Disneyland Resort in California will feature Mary J. Blige singing yuletide carols from her new album, A Mary Christmas, a duet by American Idol season 6 winner Jordin Sparks and Jason Derulo, as well as special performances by Demi Lovato, the cast of Teen Beach Movie and Dove Cameron. Walt Disney World Resort’s telecast from Florida will feature a gleeful rendition of Let Me Love You by Grammy Award-winning R&B artist Ne-Yo, along with star-studded sounds by English-Irish boy band The Wanted, Italian vocal trio Il Volo, American Idol season 12 champion Candice Glover and more.
Cast of Teen Beach Movie
Christmas spirit will come to life as Mickey and the gang help celebrate this pixie-dusted season with holiday friends. Classic Disney and Pixar characters will spread joy and cheer from festive floats and merry marches at Disneyland Park in California and the Magic Kingdom Park in Florida.
Although characters and floats are subject to change, this year’s parade is scheduled to feature:
- Mickey and Minnie welcome the season aboard the Christmas tree float with their pal, Duffy the Disney Bear;
- Elsa and Anna, from Disney’s hit animated film Frozen, make their holiday debut as they join a royal court down Main Street, U.S.A.;
- Belle and Beast join in the regal procession in a holiday tale as old as time along with Princesses Cinderella, Tiana, Aurora, Ariel, Rapunzel, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Merida, Snow White and Mulan accompanied by Prince Naveen, Prince Phillip, Prince Charming, Prince Eric, Flynn Rider and Aladdin;
- It’s a winter wonderland with the Disney ducks! Everyone’s favorite nephews, Huey, Dewey and Louie, arrive on a Ski Shoppe Float followed by Mr. Bah Humbug himself, Scrooge McDuck;
- Donald and Daisy celebrate in style aboard a chalet trailed by a sprinkling of holiday magic from dazzling ice skaters;
- A classic Disney holiday parade wouldn’t be complete without Goofy, Pluto, and their furry woodland friends, Chipand Dale;
- Pixie dust and Christmas magic will join Tinker Bell, Peter Pan and Wendy as they “think of the happiest things” this season;
- Toy Story stars Woody, Buzz Lightyear, Jessie, Bullseye and Mr. Potato Head take the season to infinity and beyond;
- Celebrate time off from school with Monster University students Sully, Mike, Terry, Squishy, Art and Roz, then cruise down the lane with Cars stars Lightning McQueen, Mater and more;
- Santa Claus is coming to town! Hearts of young and old will be overjoyed when they see the jolly man in the famous red suit coming down the happiest street in America – Main Street, U.S.A.
If you’re interested in watching the broadcast, you can visit disney.com/christmasparade for more details on the telecast, local broadcast times and talent updates, as well as can join the conversation online with the hashtag #DisneyParade.
I don’t know about you, but there are times when planning a Disney vacation can be overwhelming! There are so many options, where to stay, when to go, is this the best price. So, I want to introduce you all to Cindy Minor and the team at Small World Big Fun. They will help you plan your Disney vacation for FREE. Contact them today!