Tom Corless’ 3/19/14 Magic Kingdom Photo Report (Hub Changes, Mine Train, Polynesian DVC)

WDWNT Reporter Tom Corless visited the Magic Kingdom yesterday afternoon and has a number of newsworthy photos to share with us from his trip, so let’s take a look:

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

It was a really beautiful day in Central Florida yesterday

With the monorail out of service in the afternoons for maintenance, the old Discovery River Boats are making trips between resorts instead of the smaller boats

The bungalows at the Polynesian are coming along nicely

I know everyone isn’t a fan, but these will have the be the coolest rooms at Walt Disney World

Maintenance vehicles out on the monorail beams

Moving to the Magic Kingdom, the hub redesign is in full swing

Tarps now block the view into the moat for guests

Cinderella Castle is getting fixed up while all of this is going on, getting ready for a new nighttime show rumored to happen in 2015

The turrets are being stripped and repainted among other changes

An empty moat

Plenty of tarps up in Adventureland

Walls also up at the Tiki Room still

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train could be soft opening any day now, some Cast Members got to ride during recent training

It is starting to look like the finished product

Another section of construction walls came down, revealing more track

Back in the hub, the expanded Casey’s Corner seating area is being enjoyed by guests

Most of the work on enclosing the balcony at Cosmic Ray’s in Tomorrowland is done

No more outdoor seating

The popcorn stand in the hub has already closed

nicole
nicole

get that kid off the grass!!!

Roy
Roy
Reply to  nicole

Your comment made me chuckle Nicole
As always enjoyed your report Tom

CJ
CJ

I can not wait to ride the Mine Train and stay in the Polynesian DVC Bungalow’s.

Brian Martsolf
Brian Martsolf

Cool to see all the progress and changes, thanks for sharing!

Amanda
Amanda

Why did they decide to enclose the balcony at Cosmic Ray’s? I apologize if you already explained. Thanks for all the updates!!

blairnicole
blairnicole

Love to see these updates. Would love to see a shot straight up Main St towards to castle, just to get an idea how imposing all the walls are! Going in August for the 1st time in 5 years (after hardly missing a year since ’94) and I was a little disappointed when they announced the hub refurb because I knew it meant tarps and walls galore. Usually I don’t notice them much, but they are hard to miss in the middle of the park. Also, it’s my brother-in-law’s 1st time and I feel like it’s such a downer to… Read more »

Eric E. Wilson
Eric E. Wilson

When will they ever stop? I haven’t been in years where there wasn’t a tarp or somehing in the way! I know this is what keeps things nice but geez, some of these things seem unnecessary.

Walter Luberto
Walter Luberto

Tom, i enjoy the photos immensely, heart job!!

Valeria Gori

I hope they do not take out Wishes…I have been going every year since I was a child and, although I understand thigs need to renew, I miss those little things that made Magic Kingdom, and the rest of the world, familiar, such as Spectromagic, Tapestry of Nations, Main Street Bakery ….a part of our lives that it will existe forever

Jim
Jim

10 days till we arrive at Beach Club, hope the mine train is running then. Oh, its gonna feel magical to be back. Its been a year and a half.