Off Kilter, Mo’ Rockin’, Fife & Drum Corps., and World Showcase Players Leaving Epcot, New Acts Coming

Rumblings began a few days ago that some long running entertainment acts at Epcot might be leaving next month. Today, Disney confirmed that Off Kilter in Canada, Mo’ Rockin’ in Morocco, the Fife & Drum Corps. in American Adventure, and the World Showcase Players are all leaving Epcot in September. All of the groups are scheduled to have their very last performances on September 27th, with the World Showcase Players ending on the 25th.

288316343f66c7f005ad88d273ff0ef7

Usually a budget move, this time the changes seem to be a conscious effort to bring more culturally relevant and new entertainment to the park. In the coming months, a celtic folk music ensemble in the United Kingdom, a lumberjack-inspired show in Canada, flag waving performers in Italy, and a Berber music and dance troupe in Morocco will be added to replace these acts.

As great as updating the entertainment may be, many of the departing acts have been guest favorites for many years, and are sure to be missed.

DL
DL

Cause when I think culturally relevant and Canada, I think lumberjacks! I guess they’ll be chugging maple syrup. And saying “eh” a lot. And giving away health care.

Charles
Charles
Reply to  DL

And saying “abOOT” too. hahaha

CJ
CJ

Well no one has a gig forever at Disney. I think this is a good move but I will miss the Off Kilter group :-)

Frank
Frank

Maybe Off Kilter will get a gig at Downtown Disney. Didn’t Nova Era leave EPCOT and start performing Downtown?

James
James

Rubbish!

Richard D. Ouellette
Richard D. Ouellette

Sad, very, very sad. I have been a huge Off Kilter fan for so many years and when we get to EPCOT they are the first we visit. It will not be the same – its just sad ………….I am happy though I will get to see them perform one more time next week. I wish all of them the very best, and hope they continue to make music either solo or as a band!! I will miss them !!

trackback

[…] be taking a more ‘traditional’ approach to the replacement acts if this blog post from Tom Corless works out to be […]

Rod Trett
Rod Trett

There is a Save Off Kilter group now on Facebook. I recommend voicing your opinion LOUDLY about saving the main reason soooooo many of us go to Epcot more days than any other park when we’re there … OFF KILTER!

Monkeypoopants
Monkeypoopants
Reply to  Rod Trett

You pay hundreds of dollars to enter a theme park to see a live band? Sounds like a special kind of stupid.

fan
fan
Reply to  Monkeypoopants

You pay hundreds of dollars to enter a theme park and don’t try to see every single thing there is to see? Sounds like a special kind of stupid.

Melissa Brown

So are they just closing the entire world showcase september 27? Between this and Maelstrom, seems weird.