The Trailer For “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” Is Here!

The trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens is here!

Some screen captures:

asaassas    CapturesassasCapturesasasasCapturedfdffddfCapturefdfdfedCapturefdfdfdcccxcccdsddsdsds

Author

mjweiss

In only 90 seconds, Abrams has already produced something that is light years ahead of everything Lucas did with the last three films.

Joe Hogarty
Reply to  mjweiss

Truer words were never said. :)

Scott Dolan
Reply to  Joe Hogarty

I agree with that as well. Looks like it is going to be really good. You can already see Abrams visual style all over this thing. Let’s just hope he has created a story to match. The “prequels” were mostly beautiful to look at, it’s when the actors opened their mouths that things went downhill.

Joe Hogarty
Reply to  Scott Dolan

Looking back at the Prequels, the only thing I enjoyed was the Darth Maul vs Quigon and Obi-Wan fight (best part is that no one was talking). Revenge Of The Sith is the most watchable, but that is because the other two are so bad. The dialogue in Sith is horrendous. The Force Awakens just looks like classic Star Wars and never got that feeling from any of the Prequels at all.

mjweiss
Reply to  Joe Hogarty

Spot on Joe…anyone still under the impression that the Star Wars franchise wasn’t in good hands with Disney, obviously paid no attention to what Lucas was doing with it over the past 3 films. And as I watched that teaser yesterday the first thing I said was “My God, Star Wars is finally back.”
Being a Star Wars nerd I was a little apprehensive about Abrams and the storyline, but I got over it pretty quickly and I’m all-in after seeing this.

Joe Hogarty

Totally agree with what you said mjweiss about the Star Wars franchise being in good hands with Disney. I was so excited when I first heard of the acquisition but their were a lot of fans that said, “Not Disney!” Lucas really ruined the saga by having to much control and allowing no checks and balances. Then the worst crime that he did was the changes to the Original Trilogy. He really did make Return Of The Jedi much worse with all of the Prequel references. The other two Special Editions I can live with but Jedi is tarnished. But… Read more »

Scott Dolan

Well, to be perfectly honest, I wasn’t all that excited about the Disney acquisition and announcement of forthcoming sequels. I then started to dread it even more when I heard Abrams was going to be directing. I thought his initial take on Star Trek was abysmal. It’s one of the few movies that I’ve never finished, and I’m 44 years old, so that encompasses a LOT of movies. I felt a little better after the improvement he showed with Into Darkness. And even though it sounds completely irrational, that 88 seconds of goodness completely put my mind at ease. I… Read more »

Joe Hogarty
Reply to  Scott Dolan

I actually liked the two Star Trek films that Abrams did. The thing I liked the most is that the actors were acting. That was nowhere to be seen in the Prequels. It’s sad where you have great actors like Liam Neeson, Ewan McGregor, Natalie Portman, Samuel L Jackson and they all just sucked in that movie. You have to blame the script and the director and that was all Lucas. And just look at what he did with the last Indiana Jones film. It makes me wonder if he was just lucky with Star Wars A New Hope. He… Read more »