Tonight, on WDWNT: The Radio show, MARCH MADNESS BEGINS! We will also discuss the news from the past two weeks including the expansions of Toy Story Midway Mania and Soarin’, and we invite you to join in the conversations as well.
Tonight is the start of the 64 attraction WDWNT March Madness Tournament! Join us for some great debates and win some great prizes from Theme Park Connection. Not only will we try to decide the greatest attraction at Walt Disney World, but you’ll get the chance to win some great prizes as you root for your attractions! Here’s how it all works:
- There is a pre-tournament e-mail sign-up for the March Madness attraction tournament starting tonight (Thursday 3/12/15).
- Send an email to [email protected] with your name, hometown and phone number.
- The email must be sent in and received before 9PM ET on March 12, 2015.
- We will in return send you an email with 4 attractions that will be yours in the tournament. The attractions will come from four categories and be assigned randomly. You will receive 1 attraction from the 1-4 seed category, 1 attraction from the 5-8 seed category, 1 attraction from the 9-12 seed category, and 1 attraction from the 13-16 seed category.
- You will need to tune-in to WDWNT: The Radio Show from 9-10 ET on March 12th, but also again on March 19th from 8-10PM ET for the conclusion of the tournament in order to win.
- The four attractions you will be assigned can win points for each victory they gain in the tournaments. The point distribution is as follows:
- 1st Round Win – 1 Point
- 2nd Round Win – 2 Points
- “Swell Sixteen” Round Win – 3 Points
- “Exciting Eight” Round Win – 4 Points
- “Fantasmic Four” Round Win – 5 Points
- Championship Round Win – 6 Points
- The winner of each match is decided by the illustrious panel on the Radio Show. Each panelist counts for s single vote for an attraction. Majority rules on the 7 person panel and decides the winning attraction by vote count.
- However, listeners who register to play along can change the outcome by calling in. A listener who is registered and playing in our contest may call in once during the run of the tournament and place a vote for an attraction that is worth 2 votes, more than any single panelist. The caller will be allowed to vote only on the match being deliberated at the time of their call-in.
- The top 8 players in terms of points amassed throughout the tournament will receive prizes from Theme Park Connection! The top player will receive a grand prize package and be declared the WDWNT March Madness 2015 champion.
Hosted by radio veterans and life-long Disney fans Tom Corless and Nick LoCicero, the live radio talk show on AM 1520 WBZW in Orlando focuses on the latest news and current trending topics at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida. WDW News Today: The Radio Show can also be streamed live at www.1520wbzw.com or on your TuneIn and iHeartRadio apps, just search for WBZW. WDW News Today the Radio Show debuted in August of 2013 as a 1 hour broadcast on Saturday evenings and has grown into a 2-hour program by popular demand.
To interact with the hosts during the show, listeners can call in at (407) 774-8255, tweet @WDWNT using #WDWNTRadio, or use the new LIVE chat that will be available at Listen.WDWNT.com.
The show begins at 8PM EDT Thursday night, don’t miss it!