This week, on WDWNT: The Radio show, MARCH MADNESS: EXTINCT ATTRACTIONS continues!
We have narrowed 64 Extinct Walt Disney World Attractions down to 32 and will crown a winner tonight! Join us for some heated debate, and if you pre-registered last week, make sure you tune in to root for you team and cast your call-in vote. Some great prizes from Theme Park Connection are on the line as you and our panel decide the greatest extinct attraction in Walt Disney World history!
Here is a refresher on some of the rules you will need to know for tonight if you are a registered contestant:
- You will need to tune-in to WDWNT: The Radio Show on April 2nd from 8-10PM ET for the conclusion of the tournament in order to win. ALL CONTESTANTS MUST BE AVAILABLE TO CALL INTO THE SHOW ON APRIL 2ND IF YOUR NAME IS CALLED AS A WINNER. ONLY THOSE CONTESTANTS LISTENING, AND WHO CALL IN TO CLAIM THEIR PRIZE, WILL BE AWARDED A PRIZE. (winner does not have to go on air if they wish not to.)
- The four attractions you will be assigned can win points for each victory they gain in the tournament rounds. The point distribution is as follows:
- 1st Round Win – 1 Point
- 2nd Round Win – 2 Points
- “Swell Sixteen” Round Win – 3 Points
- “Exciting Eight” Round Win – 4 Points
- “Fantasmic Four” Round Win – 5 Points
- Championship Round Win – 6 Points
- The winner of each match is decided by the illustrious panel on the Radio Show. Each panelist counts for a single vote for an attraction. Majority rules on the 7 person panel and decides the winning attraction by vote count.
- However, listeners who register to play along can change the outcome by calling in. A listener who is registered and playing in our contest may call in once during the run of the tournament and place a vote for an attraction that is worth 2 votes, more than any single panelist. The phone number is 407-774-8255. To allow time for any listening delays, we will count any phone vote cast that comes in before the next round’s voting has begun.
- The top 8 players in terms of points amassed throughout the tournament will receive prizes from Theme Park Connection! The top player will receive a grand prize package and be declared the WDWNT March Madness Extinct Attraction 2015 champion.
- Contestants must be 13 years of age or older to enter. You must get parent’s permission if you are under 18.
Hosted by radio veterans and life-long Disney fans Tom Corless and Nick LoCicero, the live radio talk show on AM 1520 WBZW in Orlando focuses on the latest news and current trending topics at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida. WDW News Today: The Radio Show can also be streamed live at www.1520wbzw.com or on your TuneIn and iHeartRadio apps, just search for WBZW. WDW News Today the Radio Show debuted in August of 2013 as a 1 hour broadcast on Saturday evenings and has grown into a 2-hour program by popular demand.
To interact with the hosts during the show, listeners can call in at (407) 774-8255, tweet @WDWNT using #WDWNTRadio, or use the new LIVE chat that will be available at Listen.WDWNT.com.
The show begins at 8PM EDT Thursday night, don’t miss it!
ALSO: Directly following WDWNT: The Radio Show, don’t miss the very first episode of Nerd Alert!
It’s finally here! We have been working on this for a while, but now we have our first episode of “WDWNT: Nerd Alert” in the can and it will air this Thursday night at 10 PM which can be heard on WDWNT: On The Air. Our first episode will immediately follow “WDWNT: The Radio Show,” which will air from 8-10 PM.
I will host the show along with Patrick Hackett and Ron D’Anna. With Disney purchasing Marvel Entertainment in 2009, and then purchasing Star Wars and Lucasfilm in 2013, we realized that without a doubt we have a ton of subjects to talk about regarding those two franchises. Marvel and Star Wars will be our main focus but we also mention any important news made by DC/Warner Brothers and other comic book and sci-fi related production companies.
In our first episode, we will discuss in our news segment:
- The latest “Avengers: Age Of Ultron” TV spot.
- The Russo Brothers signing on to direct “Avengers: Infinity War Parts 1 and 2.
- Star Wars Battlefront coming to next gen platforms and leaving old gen behind.
Our first Topic Of The Week will be “Our Top Ten Superhero Movies Of All Time.”
Finally our last segment will consist of us reading and answering listener emails.
Patrick, Ron and I hope you will join us this Thursday for the very first episode of “WDWNT: Nerd Alert!”
Link: WDWNT: On The Air
I don’t know about you, but there are times when planning a Disney vacation can be overwhelming! There are so many options, where to stay, when to go, is this the best price. So, I want to introduce you all to Cindy Minor and the team at Small World Big Fun. They will help you plan your Disney vacation for FREE. Contact them today!