Camel Experience Being Tested at Disney’s Animal Kingdom

In one of the strangest stories I can recall reporting on, Animal Kingdom is about to test-out living camels walking through the park for guests to see…

camel_jingle_jungle_parade_disney_animal_kingdom
A camel float used to traverse the park…

The test will begin after park hours May 6th-9th. Disney will be taking camels out for a walk through the Africa and Discovery Island sections of the park during these nighttime walks. The camels will also do a few test walks with guests around on May 10th and 11th as they travel from Pizzafari to the Tree of Life. Should the test workout, the camels will be made a regular animal offering for the park. The documents released by Disney stressed that this was a direct result of the success of the Winged Encounters show.

SirZac

I’m confused, are you talking about a float or actual camels.

Terrence Hawkins

I am intrigued by the idea but the only thing more unpredictable then when a camel will spit (oh, it will spit, a lot the only question is when) is when one of the “well controlled little darling” visitors is going to kick a camel and then be booted across the river by a return kick. Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to see that, it might teach the little darlings some lessons their parents clearly haven’t, but I don’t think Disney legal will be happy.

Charles
Charles

Leave it to the Winged Encounter birds to say, “If WE have to do it, then so should the camels.”

Kim
Kim

I’d be happy if they’d just bring back some of those floats and costumes from the parade

Kirk
Kirk

sometimes, you have to ask yourself “what are they thinking?”… isn’t this a case where animatronics would be better suited?

Joshua Ressler