Some of the Backlot Express restaurant at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will become the “Rebel Hangar”, a first-time-ever Star Wars lounge experience for Star Wars Weekends 2015:
Calling All Space Travelers!
Bring your tastes and take your place in this makeshift home of visiting pilots, renegades and smugglers. Enter the Rebel Hangar: A Star Wars Lounge Experience!
Once a thriving port in a system in the Outer Rim, this abandoned space now serves as a rest stop and hangout for cosmic travelers of all kinds.
Explore the bounty of sights and sounds as you pass through the entryway—framed by the remnants long-abandoned spacecraft and other vehicles. Then, get ready for Star Wars-inspired food and beverage offerings as only a galaxy far, far away can supply—such as:
- Spicy pork wings topped with piquillo pepper sauce
- Slider sampler featuring barbecue-braised brisket with coleslaw, and barbecued pulled chicken with arugula
- Hummus with red pepper coulis, black sesame dust and corn tortilla chips
- Key lime cake
Don’t miss your chance to enjoy these unique intergalactic offerings—be sure to book your reservation online or by calling (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463!
Rebel Hangar: A Star Wars Lounge Experience will be available every Friday, Saturday and Sunday during Star Wars Weekends—from May 15 to June 14, 2015, 4:00 PM to 9:00 PM.
Reservation are available now but going fast, so hurry up and book today if you are attending Star Wars Weekends this year.
UPDATE: Disney has revealed more of the menu offerings:
- Pilot’s Pomme Frites – these are tossed with parmesan cheese, garlic and parsley with a garlic aioli for dipping
- Ensalada Naboo – seared chicken breast, bibb lettuce, grape tomatoes, watermelon radish, almond frica, and a parmesan-peppercorn ranch dressing
- Lightsaber Bites – hand-dipped corn-battered knockwurst sausages with house-made chips and mustard dipping sauce
- The Dark Fried – Chicken and Darth Vader waffles served with maple syrup and sweet barbecue sauce
- Trio of Thermal Detonators – spicy pork wings topped with spicy piquillo-pepper sauce and slaw
- Slider Sampler featuring “The Sith” barbecue-braised brisket with cole slaw and “The Jedi” with barbecued pulled chicken with arugula
- Fruit and Cheese “Sabers” featuring Tillamook cheddar, Brie, goat cheese, pickled vegetables, crostini, cheddar crackers, blueberries, raspberries, honeydew melon, strawberry, olives and gherkins
- Chips & Sith – hummus with red pepper coulis, black sesame dust, and corn tortilla chips
- Yoda Key Lime Cake
- Trio of Star Wars mini cupcakes, including Mini Darth Vader (chocolate-peanut butter), Mini Yoda (chocolate-hazelnut), and Mini Jabba the Hutt (salted caramel latte) served in the Han Solo Carbonite Souvenir Box
A new drink menu will also be available:
- Imperial Blue – Maker’s Mark Whisky, Cointreau, Blue Curacao, sweet and sour, topped with Sprite
- Tatooine Sunset – Stoli vanilla, Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, pineapple juice with grenadine
- Rebel Red – Grey Goose vodka, Chambord, sour mix and a splash of grenadine
- Dagobah Swamp Juice – Midori, Tito’s Handmade Vodka, sweet and sour, topped with lemon-lime foam
- The Dark Side – Stoli vanilla vodka, Bailey’s liqueur, crème de cocoa and brownie garnish
I don’t know about you, but there are times when planning a Disney vacation can be overwhelming! There are so many options, where to stay, when to go, is this the best price. So, I want to introduce you all to Cindy Minor and the team at Small World Big Fun. They will help you plan your Disney vacation for FREE. Contact them today!