Yes, starting tomorrow (June 30th, 2015), “selfie sticks” are banned from Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort theme parks, but many have wondered what this means for other tripod or mono-pod type camera items. Well, Disney will still be allowing many of these items in, but there are some exceptions:
- Tripods that can be folded and stored in a reasonable size bag are allowed. Large tripods are not.
- Extendable camera monopods are allowed.
- GoPro brand name body and head harnesses are allowed.
- Short, brand name GoPro handles are allowed.
- Brand name or similar style GRIP & SHOOT handles are also allowed.
- GoPro 3-way or similar style extending handles are not allowed.
- Selfie sticks of any kind are not allowed.
Essentially, any extending sticks for phones or GoPro cameras are now banned. The rules on tripods have always been as stated above, so there is no surprise there either.