Now that things have become official, more details are spilling on the July 12th, 2015 closure of the Magic of Disney Animation at Disney’s Hollywood Studios:
- The entirety of the Magic of Disney Animation will close at the end of their operating hours on July 12th. This includes all of the meet and greets, the Mushu show, the interactive exhibits, and Animation Academy.
- Minnie Mouse will once again join the other characters who meet in the central hub of the park, in front of the Chinese Theater.
- Mickey Mouse will move to a new home across from the Studio Catering Company, exactly what the means is still to be determined, but we’re thinking the former AFI building.
- The Animation Gallery store at the exit of the attraction will remain open until August.
- It is still unclear if portions of the attraction will return or if there will be widespread demolition. This area of the park was not rumored for any major expansion as of yet, but plans may have shifted or changed recently.
Similar to Backlot tour, the future of this space remains unclear, but again, something BIG is up at Hollywood Studios and an announcement has to be close…
I don’t know about you, but there are times when planning a Disney vacation can be overwhelming! There are so many options, where to stay, when to go, is this the best price. So, I want to introduce you all to Cindy Minor and the team at Small World Big Fun. They will help you plan your Disney vacation for FREE. Contact them today!