BREAKING: Disney Parks Switch to Tiered Seasonal Ticket Pricing Imminent

We have talked about this for a long time, but expect a formal announcement from Disney that Disneyland ticket pricing will be switching to a new tiered system very, very soon.

IMG_5228-X2

Rumors of Disney Parks going towards this kind of pricing system have been rumored for years, so much so that some of the competition has researched such pricing, and some other parks have even rolled it out already (namely Universal Studios Hollywood):

USH
Universal Hollywood is already trying a similar system for ticket pricing

Under tiered seasonal ticket pricing, ticket prices can be higher or lower based on when you are visiting. Peak seasons like the summer and the Christmas season would be most expensive, while “off-season” months like January or September would be the least expensive. We have not yet received any pricing charts or information, but we expect a formal announcement from Disney soon.

UPDATE: Walt Disney World is expected to make similar changes to the ticket pricing structure over the weekend. We expect a Disney announcement soon.

We have since found out more information on this new ticketing structure which you can read here.

0 0 votes
Marc
Marc

There is no way they are going to make it cheaper for anyone to visit their parks. This would create a deficit that will be made up elsewhere, right?

Mild Mannered Madman (@TheAceOfTrace)
Reply to  Marc

They’re already at a deficit due to Disney Shanghai. I think this is also to try to mitigate overcrowding.

Arielle Jones
Reply to  Marc

It’s not about making it cheaper. It’s about making it less crowded. Disney is in high demand no matter the price, so it won’t hurt their business one bit. People who start “boycotting” Disney because of price changes only prove that it works. The goal is to get less people to come for safety reasons. There is simply no room to accommodate the number of people that walk through those gates.

Marc
Marc
Reply to  Arielle Jones

“The goal is to get less people to come for safety reasons.” Absolutely not! That’s a poor business model. The goal is to get as many people there as possible. Fill the resorts and close entrance to the parks if needed, but NEVER reduce attendance.

munidunepuce
munidunepuce

It is already in effect at Disneyland Paris.

JK
JK

This would be fine if they dropped the prices during the off-season periods, but I’m sure that won’t happen. We’ll keep the same expense we currently have off-season and then have increased prices during summer and holidays.

deejayque
deejayque

They should also tier the prices based on how many attractions are down for maintenance that day. Not going to happen, but they should.

Tom
Tom

So if a person was planning a trip to Disneyland this summer, should he buy his tickets now?

DebG
DebG
Reply to  Tom

It couldn’t hurt. The prices probably won’t go down and tickets bought directly from Disney will be good thru December.

Patrick
Patrick
Reply to  Tom

Yes, because if the ticket prices change before your visit or while making installment payments, you would/should be grandfathered at the original ticket price you started your purchase

Sylvia
Sylvia

What about military ticket pricing? Will it be affected as well?

Susan Mayer

They should also have a special price for Seniors. My husband and I have been going to Disneyland since the month the Park opened, and have been Annual Passholders for several years, but it is becoming really hard to afford on our present incomes as Seniors and we poop out fairly early on. If we get 3 rides in per visit it’s good. They used to have one for Military but I think it’s long gone.

cathy
cathy
Reply to  Susan Mayer

The best discount you can get any time of year for either park is from a Military Base – 3-day hopper at DL, and 5-day hopper at WDW. It is better than On-site Military discount, better than CM discount! No Military AP though.
I have no idea how this will affect Military ticket pricing. Check your local Base.

Kim
Kim
Reply to  cathy

You can buy the Military Salute for DL at the ticket booths, I did it in December.

Dsrcy
Dsrcy

Is this going to affect the annual passes to

Fanny
Fanny
Reply to  Dsrcy

Yes it has already affected my renewal. Prices are much much higher.

Steve Dickey

Disney had been doing this in Paris for years. Much cheaper buying and printing tickets online for Value Days or pay full price at the park.

John Doty
John Doty

I think it’s good that Disney Parks is doing this. I first off disagree with the comments about the experience being ‘cheap’. I have been in the hospitality industry my whole life and I am a restaurateur. I’m picky and I understand what it takes to do your best, day in and day out to make sure your guests are getting the experience you envision. My experiences at Disneyland are always awesome and that says something. When I look at the Disney brand today and it’s the parks and resorts that I cherish the most. To pull off the type… Read more »

Jeannie
Jeannie

I’d rather go off-roading in my Jeep, no lines and no people. Peaceful and cheaper! Enjoy nature! :-)

Dan
Dan

Wonder how it will affect the Silver Pass holders

John

interesting comment Arielle Jones. So if the Disney company wants to control over crowding at Disneyland, Why on Earth are they bringing Star Wars Land to Disneyland? Can you imagine how much MORE crowded Disneyland will become when that new land opens? What they should have done instead, is Open a 3rd Gate with Star Wars, Marvel and Muppets together. If they are going to continue to buy up Non-Disney Franchises and want to control the crowds, they need to open a 3rd park at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, as they did with California Adventure. I often wonder what… Read more »

Larry
Larry

Parks are WAYYYYYYY too crowded. They’re not expanding space much either. Mostly tearing down old and refurbishing. Disney emphasizing efficiency far over individual guest experience and it shows at every level. I hope they double the prices, especially in peak season and make everyone of all ages pay full price. Sure, if you buy many days or passholder is some discount, but seriously, Disney World makes traffic jams look fun!

trackback

[…] has covered huge stories such as the 2015 D23 Expo, the financial cutbacks at the domestic parks, the introduction of new seasonal ticket pricing at the theme parks, the Disney After Hours event at the Magic Kingdom, the opening of Frozen Ever after at Epcot, the […]