BREAKING: Is The Circle of Life at Epcot Closed Forever?

While Soarin’ is down to become Soarin’ Around the World, Imagineers are using this opportunity with less guests in the pavilion to refresh the overall experience of The Land. The Circle of Life: An Environmental Fable began running at the pavilion in 1995, replacing the often-despised Symbiosis film, but after a lengthy 21-year-run, it seems the attraction quietly closed forever this weekend.

circle-of-life-gallery01

While unconfirmed by Disney, WDWNT sources insist Circle of Life will not return with the theater on April 3rd, but rather a new film will debut. This is unconfirmed at this time, but comes from a highly credible source.

The closure of the Circle of Life on Sunday was not announced in advance so it has come as a surprise to many guests that the attraction is currently closed. Whether or not he film returns remains to be seen, but regardless, Living with the Land is the only operating attraction in the pavilion right now.

Andy
Andy

Can’t say I’m really surprised. Not once have I ever seen anyone go into that theater.

Jeri
Jeri

Not always crowded but a nice audience. Although when we were there in January the theater was 3/4 full. My family and I always went for a viewing when we were there.

sancho panza

A cool, dark place to sit for 20 minutes out of the sun and heat was always welcome, and it was a good little film too.

Emilio Polanco

When it will be back in business?

Debi
Debi

The moral of the movie is so important. I hope the next ride/film portray the same type of message.

Amber
Amber

The Garden Grill restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! It rotates as you dine, so it’s an attraction too! Chip, Dale, Pluto, and Mickey visit too!

Vincent Bertucci

While visiting last week, Living With The Land had the longest line I’ve ever seen since Soarin is down I was shocked they all blew up the line at the same time but it always moves quickly at least. It’s about time they update the show not exactly sure what should replace it though…

Alex B.
Alex B.

Never really seen it, but not surprised it’s going away.Just wish I knew about this sooner to actually see it.

Charles
Charles

I liked the show originally, but after I saw it a few times I found it preachy and missing the mark on what could’ve been a very encouraging message from some of our favorite Disney characters. Hopefully the next attraction will be more upbeat.

Kees open doors

If I had seen it, I don’t remember doing so… Wish I had a heads up.. Would have made the effort to watch it before it closed.

Charles Shank

Epcot needs more rides like the Norway and Mexico rides. It pretty boring walk around the lagoon until you come to Norway.

mh1212

Just popped in to see this when I was down there in Sept., probably the first time in 15 years. It was a nice little movie, but not a super major attraction. Frankly, when they got rid of that terrible Symbiosis, I was surprised all they did was replace it with another movie. Is that really all they’re going to do again? Why not add some senses, like we have with Philharmagic, or had with Captain EO and Honey I Shrunk the Audience, if nothing else?

Justin
Justin

Most likely is getting a brand new film featuring the characters from disney jr’s “the lion guard” show… it has been a huge success with kids. It would be a smart and simple way to bring that current hype to the parks and at the same time boost epcot. Now epcot will have 2 new attractions that small kids will love and they’re not really risking anything by doing it. It’s not like they’re altering a major attraction. I think it’s smart…. if that is indeed the case. Oh and ps- for those who don’t have kids, the lion guard… Read more »

trackback

[…] attraction closed on February 7, 2016 for refurbishments. According to WDW News Today, this show will actually not reopen on April 3 and a new film will take its place. This news […]