As you may or may not know, WDWNT has a full website dedicated to bringing you fast and accurate information about the Disney Parks, worldwide. The best part of all of that is it’s free! We want you to have the best information when you make a visit to a Disney Park.
As a quick side note, we announced during the WDWNT 9th Anniversary Show that a WDWNT Now! app is in the works, and will hopefully be available soon.
Let me give you a rundown of what our website can do!
- What’s near me?
- In a Disney Park? We’ll show you the nearest attractions to your location, and even highlight the closest one with the shortest wait time.
- Top attractions
- We know what people like. We have a list of the top attractions at Walt Disney World and group their wait times for quick and easy viewing.
- Wait times
- We have the latest wait times. Never cached or stale, we provide you with an up-to-date picture of what the current wait is for your favorite attractions.
- We have full information on every attraction around the world.
- While not quite available yet, we will be the one site you can visit to view every attraction and wait time for any attraction in any park around the world.
- Want to know what the next time of your favorite show is? We’ve got it.
- We have restaurant reviews, highlighted menu items for what’s recommended and what’s not, and always-up-to-date menus.
- We also have the average menu item price to help you make a decision about where or not to eat at a particular location
- Restrooms map
- When you gotta go, you gotta go. We’ll help you find the restrooms!
- Park hours
- View park hours for Walt Disney World and Disneyland.
- While not available yet, we’ll have park hours for every Disney park around the world.
- Viewing all park hours is available now using the official WDWNT app!
- Using Fahrenheit and Celsius for local and international visitors, we’ll give you an accurate forecast to help you know if you should pack a poncho or not.
- Temporary closure notifications
- Our Twitter account, @wdwntnow tweets when attractions have a temporary closure
- You can also create an account with WDWNT Now! and we’ll alert you however you choose when an attraction goes down
- Coming soon to our mobile app, you can get alerts of closures right to the app!
One of the biggest features of WDWNT Now! is what we call “Quick Queries”. You can send an SMS/text message to +1 407-917-4007 that contains certain text and get a quick reply back. For instance, you can send an SMS message containing the text #status midway soar fotlk wishes aloha and get a response back similar to the following:
- Soarin’ Around the World – Wait: 75 min
- Toy Story Midway Mania! – Wait: 50 min
- Wishes nighttime spectacular – Next event: Today at 10:00PM
- Festival of the Lion King – Next event: Today at 10:00AM
- Aloha Isle – Today’s hours: 10:00AM – 11:00PM, avg. item price: $4.61
I also want to announce that the same queries you can ask of the SMS service you can ask with our new WDWNT Now! Bot! If you browse to https://now.wdwnt.com/bot you can ask it the same queries that you can with SMS. This feature is in beta and eventually we’d like to add natural language (such as “what’s the wait time for Space Mountain?”) but for now our quick query format will have to suffice.
Are you a Now! user? Will you be now? If so, please let us know what you’d like to see and what we can do to make it more feature-filled.