BREAKING: Shark Reef Closure at Typhoon Lagoon is Official

We posted a little over a month ago that the Shark Reef at Typhoon Lagoon was rumored to close in September. We now have an official word from management at the park that the Shark Reef is indeed closing on October 2nd, 2016.

shark-reef-gallery00

Please stay tuned for more updates as we learn more about this closure.

Ariel Alcazar

I’m sorry to say this but, do you know why their closing the shark reef down at typhoon lagoon? ? I know you said that their isn’t any word on about it yet! But I was just Wondering?

rebeccamck
Reply to  Ariel Alcazar

They’re going to put a family raft ride in its place, as far as I know. Called Miss Fortune Falls.

Ariel Alcazar
Reply to  rebeccamck

Hi, how do you know that’s what their going to do?

Dave
Dave

I wish they could add something at WDW without taking something else away.

Jill
Jill
Reply to  Dave

Sooooo true. It’s pathetic considering the large crowds and
our last visit so much closed. Even at resort, 2 lanes of 25 open and 70 minute wait for check in. Many restaurants or large sections of them closed….still long waits. Sad.

Philip
Philip
Reply to  Jill

Shut up, pessimists! ?

Mind me
Mind me

Sad to see this go! With some effort they could create the new ride around and even above the Shark reef.

Kevin
Kevin
Reply to  Mind me

You totally lost WDW in Orlando saying “with some effort”. To My family’s dispair we’ve noticed zero effort for something “above”, only lots of new stores and promo oops. Few rides left that not a promo and so many closed. cast members could care less and more there to pack more people in few shows and rides left. If we heard ‘move over even if there’s on half inch between you and guest next to you, if you can’t smell them you’re not close enough” one more time we were going to scream!!!! Obvious management change there :(

Philip
Philip
Reply to  Kevin

Shut up, pessimist! ?

Nate
Nate
Reply to  Philip

If you have nothing constructive to say…May you and your family die a very prolonged and painful death Philip.

Dorothy Z
Dorothy Z
Reply to  Nate

Don’t stoop to that tossers level

Susie Que
Susie Que

Big mistake. I believe that was the only thing making typhoon lagoon special. Why would people travel to come to just another water park with the same slides as all the others. It is actually smaller than alot of other parks. Luckily I was just there yesterday and had the opportunity to experience it one last time before its gone. Shark reef closing is just one of many reasons I will not be back. From the very first attempt to enter hollywood studios my bands did not work. I made 4 attempts causing a great loss in time to enjoy… Read more »