Opening Date Set for Magic Kingdom’s “The Muppets Present… Great Moments in American History”

Since the announcement of “The Muppets Present… Great Moments in American History”, we have been asked many times when exactly the new show in Liberty Square at the Magic Kingdom would debut. Today, we have that information.

“The Muppets Present… Great Moments in American History”
“The Muppets Present… Great Moments in American History”

While not yet released to the public by Disney, internal documents state that the show will debut on October 2nd, 2016. Since it is not announced yet, this date can be delayed (similarly to Rivers of Light), but that is at least the targeted start date for The Muppets invasion of Liberty Square.

0 0 votes
Ricky M. Simmons
Ricky M. Simmons

I love Elmo he is my favorite muppet. I
hope he is in the show. I will get his autograph.

rebeccamck

From earlier reports, the characters are going to be Sam the Eagle, Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzy Bear, Gonzo and some kind of colonial town cryer guy.

Fangzthewolf
Fangzthewolf

Elmo is owned by the Sesame Street company and not Disney. He will not be in the show.

Ricky M. Simmons
Ricky M. Simmons
Reply to  Fangzthewolf

Hahaha you are so stupid. Sesame Street is a muppets show with Elmo and Kermit and Grover and big bird.

Dorothy Z
Dorothy Z

I’ve about had it reading these comments calling people stupid, I’m sure this is the same person who keeps writing idiot! In all their snippy replies too ?

rebeccamck
Reply to  Dorothy Z

I’m with you on that, Dorothy – also tired of immature comments like “shut up” and other rude things we see on the internet everywhere, trying to come off as snarky. Snarky = rude to some people.

Ricky M. Simmons
Ricky M. Simmons
Reply to  Dorothy Z

You are not nice why are you so meen to me

rebeccamck

I meant people on the internet in general, not you personally. But it isn’t nice to call people stupid.

Dannie Neller
Dannie Neller

Sesame Muppets are own by Jim Henson productions. All money is split between Jim Henson produ tion and seame workshop who split owners of sea me street.

LG2
LG2

In 2000, Sesame Workshop bought the Muppet characters that had been appearing on their show from the Henson company.
In 2004, Disney bought the Muppet Show, its characters, spinoffs, movies, and a few precursor specials (along with the word “Muppet”) from Henson (along with Bear in the Big Blue House). Sesame Street characters remain with the Children’s Television Workshop. Crossovers have occurred, but studio attorneys apparently decided against Elmo.
Fraggle Rock and some other specials not starring either of the above-mentioned sets of characters (except in small roles) remain under the Jim Henson Company’s ownership.