Disney Springs will celebrate its very first holiday season since it was completed with an entirely revamped lineup of offerings for guests between November 14th, 2016 and January 8th, 2017.
This year’s highlights include:
- A nightly tree lighting ceremony at the Once Upon a Toy fountain play area
- Elaborate storefront window displays at select shops
- Santa’s Chalet! Meet and take a keepsake photo with Santa Claus from November 14 through December 24, 2016; and with Santa Goofy from December 25 through December 30, 2016.
- A holiday-themed DJ dance party with games and activities at the Once Upon a Toy fountain play area
- Live entertainment, including toy solider and snowflake stilt walkers, pop carolers, acapella groups and more—6:00 PM to 10:00 PM from November 13 through January 8, 2017
- Special performances celebrating Kwanza on Waterside Stage in the Marketplace on December 26 and December 27, 2016
- Songs and stories in honor of Hanukkah at Waterview Park in The Landing, with evening performances from December 24 through January 1, 2017.
- A decked out trail near the Marketplace bus loop with custom-decorated holiday trees—all centered around a different Disney theme
- Photo ops with oversized toy sculptures throughout Disney Springs
Here is some additional information on the Festival of Holiday Trees, new for this year:
Wander through an enchanted wonderland and marvel at a stunning collection of custom-decorated trees. Each one has been designed to capture a popular Disney theme.
Begin your walk-through experience near the play fountain outside Once Upon a Toy in the Marketplace. Once there, you’ll spot an alluring pathway—a fun invitation to explore.
Santa’s Chalet will also utilize the pager waiting system currently being used for the temporary Princess meet and greet at the World of Disney store:
Steps to Meet Santa
- Check in at the podium.
- Receive a pager from one of Santa’s Helpers.
- Shop, eat and enjoy the hustle and bustle of the Marketplace.
- When you receive a message from Santa’s Helpers, return to the podium within 10 minutes.
- Take your place in line to meet Santa.
Have a Disney’s Memory Maker Package?
Your photos with Santa are included!
Noon to 10:00 PM
I don’t know about you, but there are times when planning a Disney vacation can be overwhelming! There are so many options, where to stay, when to go, is this the best price. So, I want to introduce you all to Cindy Minor and the team at Small World Big Fun. They will help you plan your Disney vacation for FREE. Contact them today!