PHOTOS: Disney World Decorates Monorail for Halloween

I’ve seen some strange stuff at Walt Disney World in my time, but never the interior of a Monorail decorated for Halloween…

img_5458

The inside of the monorail cars on the Magic Kingdom loops today sported Halloween decorations. I certainly don’t recall this ever happening before.

img_5460

img_5461

So, what do you think? Is it tacky or fun?

0 0 votes
Mind me
Mind me

Tacky. I would expect this at Old Town

Alex
Alex

I think that is pretty cool. Not sure how long they will last due to the masses of people. But it seems like a fun thing for the day.

Kim
Kim

Cute surprise, for those who got to experience it, but don’t want to see them do this with every occasion. Once in a lifetime should be enough.

Cheryl D
Cheryl D

REALLY cheap and tacky looking. Especially knowing Tom is a good photographer, I can only imagine in real life. I keep being shocked how terrible Disney’s parks have gotten. Old Town is a classier spot now. A small town carnival is out doing Disney. And neither as so transparently cheap and cutting back so much.

Nice try carnie
Nice try carnie
Reply to  Cheryl D

Thanks for that insightful comment Old Town PR person!

Jon
Jon

Are we sure Disney did it? Given how the decorations don’t match anything Disney, maybe some guests just decided to decorate? Did you check other cars on the train and other trains?

Charles
Charles
Reply to  Jon

I thought this exact same thing.

Kyle
Kyle
Reply to  Charles

Not a chance in hell it wasn’t Disney. Disney takes distorting their product, potential for income and image more seriously than ANYTHING. Disney monorail doesn’t have a glowing record. I worked for Disney in transportation during college program shortly after that monorail crash that Disney screwed up switching and killed Austin Wuennenberg. Disney was found at fault, and their only real fix? We push guests in and out of monorails as fast as we can, and if there’s an accident we are to contain it and call Disney Safe-D if there was an incident, not ever to call 911 (legal… Read more »

Chris Ernest
Chris Ernest

Fun… it seems as if the employees took it upon themselves to decorate

Sandy Green

Amazing! I LOVE it!

Jaymie
Jaymie

The cast members decorate a few cars with manager help of course. I love it they did it for 4th of July too. Most guests and kids love it.

shortfatandsassy

I think it’s cute and a nice surprise.

TiredoftheNegativity
TiredoftheNegativity

If it’s fun for the cast members to do, that’s good enough for me. Not everything has to solely be for the guest’s enjoyment, nor does everything need to be critiqued to death by blogging armchair imagineers. Slow news day?

Kyle
Kyle

Don’t like negativity? Don’t read. No need to post your own. This looks tacky. Low rent. As does your reply about this board.

kyle
kyle

And not a chance in hell it wasn’t Disney. Disney takes distorting their product, potential for income and image more seriously than ANYTHING. Disney monorail doesn’t have a glowing record. I worked for Disney in transportation during college program shortly after that monorail crash that Disney screwed up switching and killed Austin Wuennenberg. Disney was found at fault, and their only real fix? We push guests in and out of monorails as fast as we can, and if there’s an accident we are to contain it and call Disney Safe-D if there was an incident, not ever to call 911… Read more »

Don't drink in the under 21 apartments!
Don't drink in the under 21 apartments!
Reply to  kyle

Thanks for your insightful comment obviously fired from the college program former cast member!

Andrea
Andrea

They don’t “fire” college program interns douche bag, and Kyle isn’t off base either, that’s how Disney is now. Your comment wasn’t insightful in the least.

Don't drink in the under 21 apartments!
Don't drink in the under 21 apartments!
Reply to  Andrea

You’re life isn’t insightful in the least.

Frank
Frank

I like it. Fun thing to do!!
Looks like someone or group put some effort into them.
But I’ll pass on Old Town.
Lots of cars to choose from. If you don’t like the decorations, pick another car, or wait for the next ride…
Better than spewing hatred!!

Allan
Allan
Reply to  Frank

I get it that if people think it’s tacky they can pick another car, but If you don’t like the comments, pick another site!

Shiela
Shiela

A new low for Disney. WOW. No guest or cast member would have enough time to do this without being spotted carrying all that crap onboard. Nice excuse. But that looks cheap as hell.