RUMOR: New Show to Replace “Celebrate the Magic” Nighttime Spectacular

The Celebrate the Magic projection show that takes place on Cinderella Castle nightly at the Magic Kingdom is rumored to be replaced soon.

celebrate-the-magic-00-new

The recent projection system upgrades that took place late in the Summer and some work surrounding the Castle point to the show’s replacement. Note that this replacement would be another projection-only show, not a replacement for the larger Wishes! nighttime spectacular, which is still heavily rumored as well.

We expect an announcement from Disney very soon on this change.

Ste
Ste

Aw, this is saddening. I actually have come to prefer Celebrate The Magic over Wishes!

Gillian
Gillian
Reply to  Ste

I agree, I prefer this to the fireworks. It’s our favourite and I’m not pleased that trip I thought I was booking months ago is changing more rapidly than I can keep up with. :(

Justin
Justin

May be more than just a projection show from some rumblings I’ve heard recently

Jose
Jose
Reply to  Tom Corless

Tom, you’re so right with “for now…”. Another few years and I wouldn’t be surprised if a very inexpensive show, cross selling products, AND must pay extra to view comes, akin to theater trailers you pay to see. Experiences are not Disneys forte the last several years at the Florida location, oversees, another story.

Disney Pete
Disney Pete

Sorry, but I prefer fireworks over projections any day of the week Twice on sunday. Literally.

Regarding the change, I care a lot less about changing Celebrate the Magic than the plug they pulled on SW Galactic Spectacular which I did get upset about.

I say, bring it on!

Jose
Jose

If it doesn’t advertise a Disney product, or make direct profit, it’s sadly on the cutting block for Disney. Fireworks are sponsored. Disney sucks lately in their cutbacks. And delaying closures and refurbished to save money. Sure, it has to be profitable, but they forget their only business is creating a guest experience. Will be saddest day when Illuminations goes…hopefullly Siemens keeps ponying up the money to keep it going.

Scott
Scott

Or how about a night parade… hey there’s an idea. *rolls eyes*

Marianne
Marianne
Reply to  Scott

I agree with you. Who’s gonna pay for that parade though? And while watching, guests aren’t in store spending. Double loss! (How Disney thinks)

Matt Byers

Saw them testing the projections this morning in my walk to the grand fitness room

mesdoservidorufrn

It’s so weird having the two shows one after the other. Fireworks and projections should be combined into one better show, like Dreams, at Disneyland Paris.

MT
MT

Or Forever in California. (Come back soon)

trackback

[…] a Time” coming to Magic Kingdom beginning November 4th. WDW News Today nailed this rumor yesterday (as they often do with rumors). As we mentioned in our top Disney Parks resources post, WDWNT is a […]