Richly-hued floral beds and floating gardens adorn the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival. The festival, which runs a record 90 days March 2-May 30, 2016 at Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla., also features dozens of character topiaries, stunning floral displays, gardening seminars and the Garden Rocks concert series - all included in regular Epcot admission. (Matt Stroshane, photographer)

UPDATE: Man Arrested for Attempting to Bring Loaded Firearm into Epcot, Walt Disney World

A Louisiana Man attempted to bring a loaded firearm into the Epcot theme park on Monday, according to reports.

The weapon was found at the security check point at the entrance to the park, prior to the metal detector area. The man disclosed he had a gun on him prior to being screened. The loaded Smith and Wesson Bodyguard .380 Automatic was found in a case underneath a jacket tied around Michael Langston of Abita Springs, LA.

The deputy wrote in the arrest report that Langston had no plans to declare his weapon to authorities prior to being chosen for screening and planned to bring the loaded weapon into the park if he wasn’t stopped. The man was arrested as he was in possession of a concealed firearm with no permit.

Keith
Keith

Too bad for him he wasn’t wearing a head wrap…they would have never looked twice at him

Jonathon Gomez
Reply to  Keith

That’s a good one.

Get a clue.
Get a clue.
Reply to  Jonathon Gomez

You’re both idiots.

Courtney
Courtney
Reply to  Keith

There’s so much that we share that it’s time you’re aware – you’re racist.

Jonathon Gomez
Reply to  Courtney

Really? Explain please.

Keith reads at a 3rd grade level
Keith reads at a 3rd grade level
Reply to  Keith

Well since head wraps are usually worn by Sihks, which aren’t Muslims, I’d say you can shut your stupid redneck hole about things you don’t understand. But thanks for showing us just how f’ing stupid you really are.

Doug
Doug

Naturally, he’s from the New Orleans metro area. Way to feed into the stereotype of southern louisianans as ignorant gun nuts.

Jonathon Gomez
Reply to  Doug

As a properly permitted carrier myself, he deserved what he got for not having a CCW. If he did, he would have just been told to turn around and put it in his car or hotel room. Stupid is as stupid does. BTW, that .380 cap gun ain’t stopping much.

Ricky
Ricky
Reply to  Jonathon Gomez

Best, and most honest comment of this thread. There’s so much miscommunication about guns. Fears. And anyone who wanted to do harm would get a gun in Disney NO PROBLEMS at all, huge gaping holes in their security that’s more for “Show” so guests ‘Feel safe”. The dummies who don’t legally cancel carry one are the ones getting this hit. A concealed weapons permit is all you need to make it arrest-able, and being asked not to bring it on private property.

I have a pew pew because I'm afraid.
I have a pew pew because I'm afraid.
Reply to  Ricky

Quick question to the gun nuts: How scared of the world are you? I mean, I know you fear for your safety (or you are compensating for something else you find lacking in yourself), but how deep does it go? Do you lie awake at night stroking your gun, startled at every noise you hear? I just can’t understand being so frightened of society that I need to carry a weapon at all times. Please explain.

Jose
Jose

I don’t think anyone can explain it to you. You sounds pretty jaded. In short, crooks and terrorist carry weapons and use them irregularless of laws. In Disney, one guy with assault rifle which easy to get in could kill a few hundred before law enforcement came. You have one ex military guy sharp shooter like me with a permit who could carry legally (but Disney doesn’t allow for PR reasons), you might stand a chance. Not based on fear, it’s a given, bad people exist, and are already able to get guns Disney easily. All their security is a… Read more »

Eric
Eric

I think for me it was the Aurora Theater shooting incident that stirred within me the feeling that I needed to be better prepared to defend myself and my family, if necessary. I know that active shooter situations are rare, but if the bad guys have guns, I want to have one, too. I received training, and went to the trouble of getting a handgun license in my state. I’m extremely cautious with my weapon and pray I’ll never need to use it. I didn’t want to have to live with myself knowing that I could have done something to… Read more »

Agree with you
Agree with you

Good thoughts Eric, but Disney so prime for a terrorist event how they operate much more than a theater. Scary to say. Disney has head in sand and won’t pay a penny for safety past Public Relations measures to ensure a profit…..but executives won’t be there should anything happen, but will be quick to point out from their cozy office: ” Our thoughts and prayers are with the hundreds of victims, but we did everything possible through thorough screening and are implementing significant changes to out secure measures”. (Which they will only do to level to make people feel safe).… Read more »

Jonathon Gomez

I don’t explain things to ignorant people, because they will always be ignorant.

Tristan
Tristan
Reply to  Jonathon Gomez

Plot twist: it is actually illegal to store a firearm on the property of a business that holds a license to manufacture or store explosives. So if they tell you to put your firearm in your car they are basically telling you to commit a felony. Best thing to do is to just not bring it at all.

Moonscape
Moonscape

.380 is far from a cap gun, and will easily stop a human target at close range. Like any other centerfire round.

Eastwood, Clint Eastwood
Eastwood, Clint Eastwood
Reply to  Moonscape

And how does that gun compare to the gun that Buford Tannon used to shoot Emmitt Brown in the back on September 5, 1885?

David
David

If he had a Florida concealed weapons permit, no arrest posit.e, or charges, Disney could only ask him to leave. Only dishonest people can get guns into Disney, not the law abiding ones.

David don't know how them words work and stuff
David don't know how them words work and stuff
Reply to  David

Do you just mash your fat hands on the keyboard and hope it somehow makes sense?

Jonathon Gomez

Not only are you ignorant, you are insulting. Go back in your hole.

Andre Willey

If you can think of any ‘law-abiding’ reason for anyone who is not part an official security service to carry ANY sort of offensive weapon into a public place like Walt Disney World, be my guest. Maybe one day America will drag itself out of its seventeen-century colonial gun-totin’ wild west mindset and become a civilised 21st century society in the way it proclaims to be, but not for a good while yet I suspect. :(

They
They
Reply to  Andre Willey

It’s fear. These people have some sort of trauma or phobia of society. That or some other mental imbalance.

Juan
Juan
Reply to  Andre Willey

It’s because they have a brain. They know Disney rent a cops don’t carry any weapons and are defenseless. The fact you bring up Disney security as more than show and tell shows you’re not the brightest tbh. The shooter from Pulse had planned attack at Disney. EZ to do. Not paranoia.

FT CM
FT CM
Reply to  Juan

100 percent true! The Pulse shooter hated gays more than Disney, but Disney was his first choice and he visited 2 parks and Disney Springs. If he only knew way more than half our cast members are gay. Which is a good thing! As staff member, we aren’t checked. Tons of places to get weapons in. Their checkpoints a joke for the sheeple.

K Cameron
K Cameron

Why would you even THINK about taking a gun into a Theme Park? It’s not like you ‘forget’ you have it. I understand the right to bear arms, but, come on – a loaded gun in a place like that? Using profanities out loud will get you kicked out; your selfie stick will be confiscated and returned; adults can’t wear costumes that might confuse children into thinking you might be Prince Charming etc. So, it’s obvious that no-one’s going to bat an eye when you roll up with a concealed weapon under your jacket.

Michelle
Michelle
Reply to  K Cameron

Don’t live in a bubble, is because Disney doesn’t have any security and criminals will get through Disneys thin veil of screening. Your logic reverse. Think it this way…All the kids there are easy pickings for a criminal more at Disney than anywhere else on earth. The law abiding carry and military folks and off duty police must leave their guns in hotel. Only criminals have them.

Andre Willey
Reply to  Michelle

Ah, the old logic that because criminals rob banks then law-abiding people should be allowed to do so too. Much better to at least aspire to the goal that no one does, don’t you think?

Kelly
Kelly
Reply to  Andre Willey

Huh? Suuuuuuure, get rid of criminals and terrorists and guns out of everyone’s hands and we will be ok. Won’t need any security or military then! ?

Meanwhile. Disney security is although filled with good people a farce of security, and nobody in park to provide real security if anything should happen. They only have security to give gusts warm fuzzies. Easiest place to get a weapon into is Disney, and strips law abiding people who are cops, military, etc prevented from carrying.

PoohBear
PoohBear
Reply to  Kelly

Easiest? Uh no. They check everyone’s bags and make you walk through a metal detector, if it was so easy they wouldn’t have caught this moron. I could walk into millions of other places with a loaded weapon without even being glanced at. You gun nutters are seriously understating the security there, it doesn’t need to be impenetrable, it’s a theme park not a war zone. The fact that there is security and screenings is a big deterrent all on its own. Also, I’m not sure what level of security you think they need to have. Sharks with lasers? Did… Read more »

Andre Outlaw
Reply to  Kelly

@Kelly
I’ve seen a few post about the lack of security at Disney. What is your idea to beef up security there?

Also don’t take me as a anti-gun. I have no problem with sane people that know how to handle a firearm (and their temper) having a gun.

Also from your post it seems that your for cops, military, etc. carrying weapons onto Disney property. Am I correct? And if so what would be the purpose?

Joe P.
Joe P.

Well at least this time it didn’t get left on an attraction

Marty McFly
Marty McFly

The solution for security checkpoints that don’t do anything but make people “feel” safe is to not have them at all and go back to the way things used to be. If it were up to me, there’d be no metal detectors because outside an airport, security screening makes you a chicken, and I am a man of honor.

NOBODY…CALLS ME…CHICKEN.

Don't be scared
Don't be scared

You guys and your scaredy-guns should really read some Douglas Adams. Probability is on your side. You will guaranteed never ever do anything with any of your guns that will make any difference to anything. And your little guarantee of safety for your silly sad ego necessitates all of us to live in your gun-acceptable society. A gun has never once been used for any purpose to further humanity. Not once. Regardless of who used it and for what reason. A gun has never been used to make us better. If you prepare to go to Disney World for the… Read more »

Don't be naive
Don't be naive

The magic, hope, happiness, faith, trust and love you speak of lives in all of us. Unfortunately, not all of us have our heads up our ass and think good ‘ol Disney is going to look out for our interest or safety or everyone that is in the world is full of sunshine and unicorns with rainbows.. . Not saying personally guns should be allowed in, but there is a VERY valid argument, that Disney security ‘show’ makes it worse and more unsafe. And that IF/WHEN someone enters a park with an assult rifle, or worse, everyone is a sitting… Read more »

Don't succumb to fear
Don't succumb to fear
Reply to  Don't be naive

You live in fear. It’s unfortunate and I wish the things in your life that instilled that fear in you didn’t exist. You claim to understand so much about Disney’s security measures that you feel how they handle things will lead to decreased safety. And your response is to then carry a gun with you to protect yourself? Interesting use of magic, hope, happiness, faith, and trust.

You will die naive.
You will die naive.

You live in a naive, small world. You have no faith and trust in people posting who know more than you do. Your naive ignorance is one reason why most of the globe hates Americans and you need the security you’re too ignorant to realize Disney is lacking.

Andre Outlaw

@You will die naive It sounds like your saying that Disney’s security is lacking. However, they still won’t allow weapons on the property. I’d have to assume that you feel your not safe on Disney property so you either don’t go to Disney properties or you sneak weapons onto Disney property so you can protect yourself. If the former is true. Why are you reading / posting on this board? If the latter is true. You will be arrested and banned for life if you attempt to use the weapon that you brought in. Which brings me back to the… Read more »

I will die of natural causes
I will die of natural causes

I have complete faith and trust in Disney’s security and the knowledge that I am generally safe on a day to day basis in this country. People around the world do not hate kind, friendly, trusting Americans like myself. They look at our pro-gun culture as absurd. I am sorry you are fearful and I hope you too can find hope and happiness instead of dwelling on the slightest of possibility and the idea that violence stops violence.

Christopher
Christopher

My wife and I are annual pass-holders at Disneyland and California Adventure. We have actually been meaning to go to “City Hall” on Main Street and speak with a cast member about some strange and inconsistent treatment we have encountered while entering the park. However, the crowds have been so heavy lately, we have been putting it off. Our typical experience is this… After parking our car in one of the Disney parking lots we board a Disney shuttle bus to the park. Once we arrive at the bus unloading area we then funnel into the first screening area. Absolutely… Read more »

David Smith

The guards at all the parks seem like nice people. Most are doing their jobs the way Disney wants it so don’t take it personal that you got random selected or made to take a few more minutes to get screened. Maybe next time plan ahead and not doodle around being late. It’s not the guards fault you are late or feel you’re too important to be made to go through the metal detectors. It might not be perfect but I am willing to bet if none at all the Pulse shooter and others may have made you or someone… Read more »