BREAKING: Walt Disney World Adding Express Bus Service for a Price

Walt Disney World is introducing Express Bus Transportation beginning December 7th, 2016.

bus-paint

Priced at $15 per person per day ($24 per person for multi-day use), Express Bus Transportation will pick guests up from inside of the Walt Disney World Theme Parks and then utilize backstage areas to reach destinations faster. The busses only provide service between the 4 theme parks. Annual passholders and cast members can only purchase one-day service.

The service operates from 10am until park close and busses will be at each station every 30 minutes. Each park has a kiosk where guests can be picked up and dropped off:

• The Magic Kingdom – Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin exit area
  • Epcot – East of Spaceship Earth
  • Disney’s Hollywood Studios – adjacent to Rock ‘N’ Roller Coaster Courtyard
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom – Near Kilimanjaro Safaris entrance

Guests can purchase the upgrade when they purchase tickets or can visit a guest relations location to add it on.

No further details are available at this time.

Author

Rick
Rick

Just like Disney to rob their loyal fans anyway they can. When does this stop

John
John
Reply to  Rick

Well since you don’t understand what the term “rob” means…. They aren’t taking anything, they are offering a new premium service at a premium price. You don’t have to pay for this service. But just like most of the Disney community, you have to whine about it as if it will affect your trip. Get over it ya big baby.

Stacey Annette Mcavoy
Reply to  John

My question is, are these new busses that have been aquired or will they be taking the busses already being used for transportation around the resorts/parks out of commission making the free transportation take even longer? Disney has no problem using the riverboat at MK for 3 hours every day to use for their new upcharge ice cream NON parade viewing party! Also the new monorail dine will be putting the resort guests who paid a premium price to stay at one of the monorail resorts to the back of the line! I feel like I have been robbed because… Read more »

John
John

The riverboat isn’t popular, and most guests are watching the parade during that time. The monorail resort guests aren’t being pushed to the back of the line, there will be a special designated car for the dining guests.
If you feel your AP was only worth it for ROL, and that you are being “robbed” because it’s not ready yet, well I’m sorry but that’s just plain stupid, and I can’t explain to you how these things work.
The level of entitlement and stupidity by some of the Disney fan community is mind boggling.

andrew
andrew
Reply to  John

I love this^

JC
JC
Reply to  John

The level to which Disney will scrounge to find something else to monetize is ridiculous. This isn’t quite at the level of the package handling fee, but it’s still a bit over the top. A few years ago it was easy to get fit in a good amount of activity at a reasonable price even staying off property during low attendance periods, but now if you want to fit in more than a handful of rides a day you need to stay on property just so you can access the FP system so far out in advance.

Jeremy
Jeremy
Reply to  John

You really should post under your own name Mr. Iger.

Alex (@Aknotts66)
Reply to  Rick

I’d imagine this would be use mostly by people who have a hard time getting around, or families with a lot of little kids.

Amy Cook
Amy Cook

I think it’s genius for families with kids especially. We have 5- on our next trip this December they will be 2, 3, 5, 7, 9. We don’t do park hopper because it’s too much running and way too expensive to add on (like $400.). BUT If we fall during free dining we will be required to add PH to qualify, so we may add this too to avoid all the extra walking PLUS skipping security lines :) I think it’ll be super convenient and worth the extra cost for sure!

Melissa
Melissa
Reply to  Rick

I half way agree with Rick. Although I would expect Disney to charge something for this service, they are charging their AP holders a ridiculously high rate. Guests can buy a multi-day ticket for $24, but AP holders have to pay $15 a day. $15 a day is just crazy for AP holders & that makes me angry that once again, as an annual pass holder & loyal Disney guest, I feel treated unfairly.
I spend a TON of money in their gift shops, at special events & especially in food. They should find a way to treat AP holders more fairly.

Rich
Rich

Will there be cabanas to rent inside of these buses?

Eduardo
Eduardo
Reply to  Rich

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ed
Ed

No cabanas, but a stripper pole

Jonathon Gomez
Reply to  Ed

Four stripper poles.

chapelbeth

It is an expedited service, one that didn’t exist prior for free. Of course they should charge for it, it is an add on for those who deem it is for them. There is still buses for everyone at the normal bus stop.

Sam
Sam
Reply to  chapelbeth

Totally agree with you on this one. As long as they don’t take away anymore of my free stuff I’m fine. Gets more tourists off my bus!

Lilly
Lilly

Wait, so this is for between parks? I mean, cool that they’ll finally have the service without having to go to DS or a hotel. But making you PAY for it, on top of what you already pay for tix, food, shopping and resort stays (or in our case DVC membership)? That crosses a line.

Patrick Hackett
Reply to  Lilly

There’s always been park to park service this is in park not at the bus loops.

andrew
andrew

This is a add on service, nothing is lost only gained. This is for those whom answered yes on the survey if they would pay for expedited transportation. Disney asked, the guests said yes and there you have it. Will I ever pay for it? Nope, Uber is still better, cheaper and more efficient. By all means, keep your Chicken Little rhetoric, it is fun to read.

Haunted Man
Haunted Man
Reply to  andrew

nothing is lost? yeah right. They will not get more buses and hirer more drivers. They will take them from “regular” service; therefore people who don’t pay premium will wait longer. You are gullable

Loving Disney
Loving Disney
Reply to  Haunted Man

This man, sounds like he has a brain. Most Disney goers think that they will invest so that their experience is ‘just as magical’. They don’t see every inch of ‘free viewing, free rides, free anything’ is being taken away, they’re waiting longer for less. Hopefully Disney gets new management before long. It honestly can’t get much worse, and we love disney.

will24601
Reply to  Loving Disney

Does not sound like you LOVE Disney at all…you people act as if this is something new…I remember when people whined about them building Hotels off of the Monorail (besides The Golf Resort now Shades of Green) because it was already built..people thought it would make the parks to busy and Disney was just trying to make money…well DUH! And like 30 Resorts later can you imagine only having the three premium Monorail Resorts to choose from and better yet afford…it’s a business people. Get over it. If you don’t like it don’t use it…and your elitism because your an… Read more »

Emmett
Emmett

I believe in paying for what I get, but this taking it too far. Part of my decision to vacation at Disney World rather than other resorts and vacation destinations has been the transportation. And there has always been an “We are all Disney fans” / “We are on vacation together” feel to the transportation. My child has set with other families and other people children have used what was my seat to ride with my family… An “It’s a small world” sort of experience. By stratifying the transportation they are creating classes within the system and risking the very… Read more »

Stacy
Stacy
Reply to  Emmett

Yes – this exactly! I am getting frustrated with the constant announcements of “Premium” this and that. The overpriced dessert parties just so one can get a good view, the cabanas, the riverboat party, monorail dine, and now this. Ugh. I guess the average Joe’s will just be on the sidelines now watching as the “haves” enjoy their premium exclusive experiences. I know it is a business, I have heard all the arguments “for”. This is just my opinion as one who saves and budgets for a long time to go see the mouse.

Lillian
Lillian
Reply to  Stacy

I’m very much in agreement that you budget and save, and if you have a large family this can be over several years, and the entry fees keep going up and now if you added for all the experiences for each day you are there it becomes out of reach for many.

Jonathon Gomez
Reply to  Stacy

It’s called supply and demand. If you want everyone to have the same, move to North Korea.

colton1106

I’m interested to see exactly how “express” these buses actually will be. Honestly, $24 is not much to ask if it covers your entire trip AND actually saves time. Starting the service at 10am is odd though.

KimH
KimH
Reply to  colton1106

It’s explicitly intended for speedier park hopping which I imagine by their analytics *most* people don’t do earlier than that

Mousetopia
Mousetopia
Reply to  colton1106

Not really odd, it is only between parks so it is used to hop to the NEXT park on your journey. Most would not hop before that

Jonathon Gomez
Reply to  colton1106

Once they add the premium FP option that allows for multi-park FP, this will be very useful. It’s coming next year! YEAH!!! I’ll pay the fee to have more FP on one day in all the parks.

K. Johns
K. Johns

What ever you think Walt thought about making money, the Disney Company has stock holders. It is about making money with the magic. This is a new service that provides convenient transportation for those who can afford it and want to take advantage of it. It will also ease the traffic of other services. I’m all for it!

John .
John .
Reply to  K. Johns

This is like paying for first class. We all pay to get in the parks and everyone should be trated the same. Not a fan of them just trying to make a buck. :(

Rick
Rick

Let’s be honest. Adding these extra buses will take away current “free buses”. I doubt Disney is buying more buses or hiring new drivers for the extra service.

Now there will be longer lines and longer waits for free buses.

John
John
Reply to  Rick

Do you work for Disney? Since you seem to have it all figured out. How about you stay home and whine to your cat or whoever actually cares to listen to your complaints about a theme park, and let others enjoy the parks.

Haunted Man
Haunted Man
Reply to  John

you obviously do Johnny boy hahahahahaha

Stacey Annette Mcavoy
Reply to  John

john, you must work for Disney since you know it all. Keep up the good work, the toilets were sparkly clean last week when i was there. But with your attitude and knowledge I bet you are a Disney Executive because the janitorial staff has always been helpful, kind and know whats going on in the parks.

John
John

Thanks for your input, but I don’t work for them. I’m sure you were impressed by the toilets, I mean poor white trash like yourself, you probably aren’t used to indoor plumbing. Now go back to posting sweepstakes entries on facebook, maybe someday you won’t be dirt poor anymore.

William
William
Reply to  John

I work for Disney and its a terrible company. All these elitist up charge events are just taking away from experiences that regular guests previously enjoyed. What every happened to the f&#king show being important? Letting guest catch buses backstage and dropping them off by a dumpster in the next park is the very definition of bad show. Terrible company. Under invested parks. Over charged guests.

Disney Fan
Disney Fan
Reply to  Rick

Rick, it sounds like you have a brain. No doubt NO busses will be free in a short period of time. It’s inevitable. Ignore the sheep who replied above. Stupidity is incurable.

Ron
Ron

I knew this was coming. I was just there for 10 days in September and the bus service was the worst in 10 years, (going twice a year). If you slow down the bus service then this looks good. I’m a capitalist and if people are willing to pay, that is their choice. All this ticky tack paying for extras, (that were there) paying to see a parade up front, pay to see a parade on a ship, or a restaurant, don’t forget a golf cart in the parking lot. At least theme the cart, how about make it a… Read more »

Ron
Ron

Oh and don’t forget about the people that don’t have the Bus upgrade and get in the line for it! I will admit there are times I would pay for a NO SCOOTER BUS! LOL

Kim
Kim
Reply to  Ron

What Disney needs to do is create a scooter (and family) only buses that can be routed according to need. However, even though the specialized buses may get better service than the normal ones this will never happen as the law says the regular buses must be able to take on those with scooters, and people don’t change their behavior unless the internet screams “special treatment: this way!”, then everyone and their uncle abuses the offering.

Ron
Ron
Reply to  Kim

A Scooter and family bus would be great and easier for families. I feel for the people in the scooters, after all I would rather have use of my legs. I will admit I’ve seen Grandma sitting on a Scooter in the blazing sun for 20 minutes while the other 13 family members wait in the shade.

Jonathon Gomez
Reply to  Ron

If you weight 400 pounds a scooter isn’t helping you. Try walking. Those are the ones that piss me off the most. Stay the crap home and eat yourself into the grave rather than screwing everyone else’s good time.

Abby Kass
Abby Kass

If I knew that there would maybe be emptier buses, and that they were accessible, I think my husband and I would have paid for it. He had ALS and was in an electric wheelchair or scooter. He got nervous navigating in the crowds and he knew he took up extra space, although it wasn’t his fault. Most people were really great, as were the drivers, but there were the people who looked at us as huge inconveniences and as if we were somehow taking advantage. Believe me, with ALS you’re not taking advantage of anything, but if I felt… Read more »

disdadandhisgirls

I’m there in 12 days and to pay an extra $100 to get quicker and more convenient bus survice is Ok with me.

disdadandhisgirls

Sorry I sould spell check before I post.

Disney Fan
Disney Fan

How about $1000 and you don’t get to enjoy the park except for 5 hours, cuz they open late for a special event (which costs extra), and close early for a special event (which costs extra). At some point, your logic sounds, well, gullible.

Kim
Kim

I’m confused, is this just park to park? I fail to see how this would be any different than waiting for the normal park to park bus.

Heidi
Heidi
Reply to  Kim

Apparently, the pick up location is different (“in” the parks) & they run on a shorter route through backstage areas vs. normal surface streets. I can see pros & cons to this, my only real concern is will this new expedited route “break the magic” meaning – will guests hear the buses while inside the parks & while trekking the backstage areas are they exposing anything that could detract from the usual “Disney mystique.” (I don’t even know if this is an issue as I’m not familiar with the backstage areas, only taken the road by Partners Credit Union &… Read more »

Steve
Steve
Reply to  Heidi

Buses run backstage all the time at MK and DAK for CM’s and nobody hears them. And they’re the same buses they use for guests so I don’t think that will probably be an issue. Though, I’m not a fan of guests being backstage ever.

Jonathon Gomez
Reply to  Heidi

And no bag check/security check again. Saves time and agony.

Juan
Juan
Reply to  Jonathon Gomez

Yea, the security checks are just for show anyhow tbh.

reidhome
Reply to  Jonathon Gomez

I was wondering the exact same thing – if these shuttles pick up INSIDE a park and drop you off INSIDE the next park, you can skip the crazy-long lines at bag check / metal detectors at the entrance to the next park…? Assuming they would scan Magic Bands to ensure that you have Park Hopper tix, but if I can skip the bag check crowds and go directly INTO the next park, I think it would be worth it – especially on the 10/10 crowd days over the holidays! Would $24 multi-day be good for duration of stay (say 8 days)?

Linette Maria
Reply to  Kim

You get the bus from a designated spot in the park and you are taken to the “express” bus. You then go to the next park and enter at a special entrance with no waiting in the security lines again.

I'm not too sure about this...
I'm not too sure about this...

For those saying that nothing is lost to those who choose to ride the free buses; there will almost certainly be fewer free buses now, resulting in longer lines, fuller buses and longer wait times.

Mousetopia
Mousetopia

I saw a thread that it might actually be vans rather than busses

Kim
Kim
Reply to  Mousetopia

So if these are to be more personal sized then, perhaps this is Disney’s response to the Uber epidemic? I’m sure the taxi folk will be hating on Disney for this one.

Terrie
Terrie

I think it’s basically a good idea although it seems you would need to have already purchased park hopper passes, why not add it the benefit of the extra cost of the pass? I wouldn’t utilize it because we always just do a park a day but for those who park hop it’s good, just not sure about the extra cost on top of park hopper pass. Maybe to keep crowds lower?

Becky @ Disney in your Day

I’m not quite sure I understand the value of this – it sounds like these buses are only taking you from park to park and not to the resorts. So I guess if you park hop a lot it could be good? It just seems like a rather specialized service and I’m not sure how many people would use it? I would be curious to hear what people think. I know that usually on days that I park hop I take an afternoon break at the resort so even then it wouldn’t work for me.

Andre Willey

So Nickel’n’Diming has now become $5-and-$10-ing… which makes it exactly 100 times worse.

PrivateServiceFTW
PrivateServiceFTW

I couldn’t care less. My private driver takes me to and from the parks, etc. Buses are for peasants.

I'm better than you ftw
I'm better than you ftw

Well my private pilot flys me from park to park in my private helicopter. Private drivers are for peasants. Enjoy traffic loser

PrivateServiceFTW
PrivateServiceFTW

LIES! I tried helicoptering into Disney, and there is a federal regulation against it!! You have no idea of what you speak. Peasant. But, my Town Car has a fully stocked bar, and my driver has access to back stage areas. It would really suck to be you.

PrivateServiceFTW
PrivateServiceFTW

And by the way, it is spelled “flies” not “flys”. Anyone of any intelligence and breeding would know that…peasant!

Linette Maria