Africa has been a part of the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival since 1997. This year the 2018 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival takes place August 30 – November 12, 2018.
Menu for the Africa Marketplace at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Berbere-style Beef Tenderloin Tips with Onions, Jalapeños, Tomato and Pap (GF) – $5.50
- Spicy Ethiopian Red Lentil Stew with Vegan Yogurt and Quinoa (V) – $4.50
- Cederberg Chenin Blanc, South Africa ($15/bottle) – $6.00
- Jam Jar Sweet Shiraz, South Africa ($7/bottle) – $5.00
- Groot Constantia Pinotage, South Africa ($22/bottle) – $7.00
- Wine Flight – $6.50
Both food items at this booth return from last year. There was a third item last year, a Spinach and Paneer Cheese Pocket, that did not return.
Photos of Menu Items from the Africa Marketplace at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
Berbere-style Beef Tenderloin Tips with Onions, Jalapeños, Tomato and Pap (GF) – $5.50
You can smell what’s cooking at Africa from around the corner on the World Showcase promenade pathway, and that’s a good thing. This dish is pretty spicy, with plenty of jalapeños taking center stage and giving the beef a break. It’s not the best meat dish at the festival, but it’s spicy if you’re into that kind of thing, and you really enjoy jalapeños.
Spicy Ethiopian Red Lentil Stew with Vegan Yogurt and Quinoa (V) – $4.50
Stew in the hot Florida weather doesn’t seem ideal, but hear us out: it’s really good. This is another vegetarian option at the festival, featuring heaps of quinoa and lentils beneath a savory stew. Again, there’s a healthy amount of spice in this dish, which, fortunately, isn’t supplied solely by the jalapeños.
Location of the Africa Marketplace Booth at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- REVIEW: Africa at Epcot International Food & Wine Festival 2018
- All of our 2018 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival coverage is available from our landing page at https://wdwnt.wine!
- Previous coverage:
- VIDEO: Food & Wine Review, The Price is Right Force Friday Edition and More on WDW News Tonight
- TONIGHT on WDW News Tonight (9/21/16) – Food & Wine 2016 Review, Goodbye Stitch, & The Price is Right
- All-New WDW News Today: The Radio Show Tonight (10/01/15) Food and Wine Review ETC.
- Full Epcot Food & Wine Festival Review and We Play The Price is Right, Tonight (9/25/14) on WDWNT: The Radio Show
I don’t know about you, but there are times when planning a Disney vacation can be overwhelming! There are so many options, where to stay, when to go, is this the best price. So, I want to introduce you all to Cindy Minor and the team at Small World Big Fun. They will help you plan your Disney vacation for FREE. Contact them today!