Hops & Barley, introduced in 2005, returns for its 13th year for the 2018 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, taking place August 30 – November 12, 2018.
Menu for Hops & Barley at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- New England Lobster Roll: Warm Lobster with Fresh Herb Mayonnaise and Griddled Roll – $8.00
- New Brunswick Slider: Slow-braised Beef Brisket “Pot Roast Style” with Horseradish Cream and Crispy Fried Onions on a Potato Roll with Pickled Vegetables on the side – $5.75
- Freshly Baked Carrot Cake and Cream Cheese Icing (V) – $4.00
*Price per bottle is an average price of the spirit at your local liquor store.
- North Coast Bewing Co. Blue Star Wheat, Fort Bragg, CA (4.5% abv) – $4.25
- 3 Daughters Brewing A Wake Coffee Blonde Ale, St. Petersburg, FL (5% abv) – $4.25
- Heavy Seas AmeriCannon APA, Baltimore, MD (5.75% abv) – $4.25
- Beer Flight – $9.00
- Angry Orchard Rosé Hard Cider, Walden, NY (5.5% abv) – $4.25
- Mer Soleil Reserve Chardonnay, Santa Lucia Highlands ($30/bottle) – $6.00
- Broadside Cabernet Sauvignon, Paso Robles ($15/bottle) – $5.00
Photos of Menu Items from Hops & Barley at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
New England Lobster Roll: Warm Lobster with Fresh Herb Mayonnaise and Griddled Roll – $8.00
A hefty price tag here thanks to the lobster. Fortunately, in the last year, Epcot moved from a lobster salad to actual lobster chunks. That’s both a positive and a negative. Positive, because yes, it’s real lobster, and when you get a nice bite it’s a pleasant surprise. Negative, because your roll may only have a small portion of the pricey protein. It’s a gamble, for sure, but potentially a really tasty one.
New Brunswick Slider: Slow-Braised Beef Brisket “Pot Roast Style” with Horseradish Cream and Crispy Fried Onions on a Potato Roll with Pickled Vegetables on the Side – $5.75
We feel cheated on this one after viewing other people’s portions. The beef brisket is absolutely amazing. There’s an underlying spiciness to the meat that’s flavorful and delicious, and it’s succulent enough that a knife isn’t needed to cut into it—a fork will do just fine if you don’t plan on scarfing it down like a sandwich. There’s potential value here if you get a decent cut and portion of the beef brisket. However, like the Lobster Roll, this one, too, is a gamble in that you can wind up with a small portion like we did, and it’ll have you wondering what happened to your nearly $6 sandwich. It’s so good we think you should roll the dice.
Freshly Baked Carrot Cake and Cream Cheese Icing (V) – $4.00
This carrot cake is served warm and with a delectable cream cheese icing on top. The flavors match a proper carrot cake, and we feel this dessert is safe for even the pickiest of eaters. At $4 you can’t go wrong.
Beer Flight – $9.00
Beer flights! A great way to try three unique beers. Fortunately, these are all pretty interesting and worth the price to try them. The coffee blonde ale is the only real miss here, with an artificial flavor permeating the overall essence of the beer.
Location of Hops & Barley at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
The Hops & Barley Booth is located at The American Adventure pavilion at the back of World Showcase.
- REVIEW: Hops & Barley at Epcot International Food & Wine Festival 2018
- All of our 2018 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival coverage is available from our landing page at https://wdwnt.wine!
- Previous coverage:
- VIDEO: Food & Wine Review, The Price is Right Force Friday Edition and More on WDW News Tonight
- TONIGHT on WDW News Tonight (9/21/16) – Food & Wine 2016 Review, Goodbye Stitch, & The Price is Right
- All-New WDW News Today: The Radio Show Tonight (10/01/15) Food and Wine Review ETC.
- Full Epcot Food & Wine Festival Review and We Play The Price is Right, Tonight (9/25/14) on WDWNT: The Radio Show