Morocco, as one of the 11 World Showcase countries, has been a fixture at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival since its inception in 1996. This year’s 2018 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival runs from August 30 – November 12, 2018.
Menu for the Morocco Marketplace at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Kefta Pocket: Seasoned Ground Beef in a Pita Pocket – $6.00
- Hummus Fries with Cucumber, Tomato, Onions and Tzatziki Sauce (V) – $5.00
- Chocolate Baklava: Rolled Phyllo Dough with Toasted Almonds and Dark Chocolate Sauce – $4.00
- Casa Pale Lager (5% ABV) – $4.00
- Kasbah Prestige Red Wine (13% ABV) – $5.00
- Mimosa Royale: Sparkling Wine and Orange Juice topped with Orange Liqueur – $8.00
- Red Organic Sangria – $6.00
Photos of Menu Items from the Morocco Marketplace at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
Kefta Pocket: Seasoned Ground Beef in a Pita Pocket – $6.00
The kefta pocket looks and tastes lightyears better than in previous years, I’m still not sure it’s worth ordering though. Morocco is cooking the beef right at their stand this year and the quality difference really shows. The pita pocket is filled with vegetables and ground beef, so it at least looks interesting. If you were thinking about getting the kefta pocket this year, you may be pleasantly surprised. It’s not a must however.
Hummus Fries with Cucumber, Tomato, Onions and Tzatziki Sauce (V) – $5.00
The word “spicy” was dropped from the name of the Hummus Fries this year, but the overall dish hasn’t really changed. There’s still a slight spiciness to the sauce that tops the three hummus fries, but nothing that would really warrant the description of “spicy.” The vegetable mix on top helps cool things down and balance out the shaped blocks of hummus, making this dish not only unique, but really tasty. When it first premiered in 2016, with more fries and a smaller price tag, we felt this was a no-brainer of a recommendation. However, it’s getting hard to justify the ever-increasing price tag.
Chocolate Baklava: Rolled Phyllo Dough with Toasted Almonds and Dark Chocolate Sauce – $4.00
Baklava is difficult to make. The pastry takes hours of painstaking prep work requiring skills learned over many years. We would never be able to make the pastry properly. Morocco is not only able to make the pastry, but they make it well. It’s almost too good to be true. Believe the hype, because for $4 you get an expertly crafted chocolate baklava that looks and tastes the part. Absolutely recommended.
Location of the Morocco Marketplace Booth at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
The Morocco Marketplace Booth is logically located right next to the Morocco pavilion in World Showcase.
- REVIEW: Morocco at Epcot International Food & Wine Festival 2018
- All of our 2018 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival coverage is available from our landing page at https://wdwnt.wine!
- Previous coverage:
- VIDEO: Food & Wine Review, The Price is Right Force Friday Edition and More on WDW News Tonight 2017
- TONIGHT on WDW News Tonight (9/21/16) – Food & Wine 2016 Review, Goodbye Stitch, & The Price is Right
- All-New WDW News Today: The Radio Show Tonight (10/01/15) Food and Wine Review ETC.
- Full Epcot Food & Wine Festival Review and We Play The Price is Right, Tonight (9/25/14) on WDWNT: The Radio Show
I don’t know about you, but there are times when planning a Disney vacation can be overwhelming! There are so many options, where to stay, when to go, is this the best price. So, I want to introduce you all to Cindy Minor and the team at Small World Big Fun. They will help you plan your Disney vacation for FREE. Contact them today!