Established in 1997, the New Zealand booth returns for the 2018 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival taking place August 30 – November 12, 2018.
Menu for the New Zealand Marketplace Booth at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Steamed Green Lip Mussels with Garlic Butter and Toasted Breadcrumbs – $4.50
- Lamb Meatball with Spicy Tomato Chutney – $5.50
- Seared Venison Sausage with Kumara Purée and Wild Mushroom Marsala Sauce (slightly modified from last year) – $6.50
*Price per bottle is an average price of the spirit at your local liquor store.
- Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough ($12/bottle) – $6.00
- Antmoore Wineworks MOKOblack Pinot Noir, Marlborough ($13/bottle) – $6.00
- Frozen Wine Cocktail featuring Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc ($14/bottle) – $7.00
Photos of Menu Items for the New Zealand Marketplace Booth at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
Steamed Green Lip Mussels with Garlic Butter and Toasted Breadcrumbs – $4.50
The green lip mussels return this year. As you can tell from the picture they get their name from the green outer portion of the shell, giving the impression of green lips. The mussels are cooked perfect and have an ample coating of breadcrumbs on top, maybe a bit too much. We had to brush enough off of the mussels to even see them below. These are good and unique, and not a horrible value either to try these.
Lamb Meatball with Spicy Tomato Chutney – $5.50
Another returning favorite: The lamb meatball. It’s packed inside of a puff pastry with a tomato chutney on top. Listed as spicy, we found it more flavorful with nuanced spice present. The lamb isn’t as gamey as you would expect, it’s cooked perfectly and is kept warm by the outside pastry. Even though this dish isn’t new we absolutely recommend giving it a shot.
Seared Venison Sausage with Kumara Purée and Wild Mushroom Marsala Sauce – $6.50
The venison sausage returns from 2014 with the same sides as the venison loin from 2017. The venison loin last year was a little gamey for most people, though if you enjoy exotic meats, it was rather enjoyable. But we’re happy they brought back the sausage this year, as it was actually quite good. It had a great smoky flavor, and the gamey taste of the meat is nearly gone; a pleasant and rather huge contrast from last year’s loin. If you’re only getting one item from this booth, it’s pretty much a toss-up between the lamb meatball and the venison sausage.
Frozen Wine Cocktail featuring Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc – $7.00
This is a very refreshing and sweet cocktail, taking notes from the grapes used in the sauvignon blanc and playing with the sweetness a bit. For seven bucks you can’t beat the price for the portion. It comes out nice and frozen making for a cold and tasty cocktail. Recommended.
Location of the New Zealand Marketplace Booth
- REVIEW: New Zealand at Epcot International Food & Wine Festival 2018
- All of our 2018 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival coverage is available from our landing page at https://wdwnt.wine!
- Previous coverage:
- VIDEO: Food & Wine Review, The Price is Right Force Friday Edition and More on WDW News Tonight 2017
- TONIGHT on WDW News Tonight (9/21/16) – Food & Wine 2016 Review, Goodbye Stitch, & The Price is Right
- All-New WDW News Today: The Radio Show Tonight (10/01/15) Food and Wine Review ETC.
- Full Epcot Food & Wine Festival Review and We Play The Price is Right, Tonight (9/25/14) on WDWNT: The Radio Show