We reported back in February about a rumor that Disney is planning to build a gondola system connecting Epcot, Caribbean Beach Resort, Art of Animation/Pop Century Resorts, and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Now comes an official “Notice of Commencement” for the construction of “foundation and building infrastructure” at six different locations that correspond with the six locations we mapped out for the gondola’s route.
The six addresses in “Attachment ‘A'” correspond exactly to the locations on the map from our February post.
The addresses in the Notice of Commencement are:
- 251 E. Buena Vista Dr., Bay Lake, FL – this is the turn at the intersection of Buena Vista Dr. and Epcot Resorts Blvd., near the Speedway gas station.
- 785 Studio Dr., Bay Lake, FL – this is the station located at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- 1874 Avenue of the Stars, Bay Lake, FL – this is the station located at the International Gateway entrance to Epcot.
- 1910 Animation Way, Bay Lake, FL – this is the station at the Hourglass Lake bridge between Disney’s Art of Animation Resort and Disney’s Pop Century Resort.
- 1051 Sea Breeze Dr., Bay Lake, FL – this is the station at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort.
- 1074 Sea Breeze Dr., #C, Bay Lake, FL – this is the turn on the property of Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort.
This is the first official filing of a Notice of Commencement, and typically construction begins soon after such a notice is filed.
Previously, Disney filed paperwork with the South Florida Water Management District regarding the Hourglass Lake station because that impacts a body of water under the SFWMD’s purview.
PCL Construction Services Inc. is a large construction firm in the civil and industrial sectors and has done work at Orlando International Airport, Legoland Florida, the Orange County Convention Center, and many other locations in Orlando and around the world.