Disney recently released some new information on Disney Springs, the massive overhaul happening to Downtown Disney to be completed by 2016:
The Landing, set to replace what is now Pleasure Island, will open in early 2015. The area is set along the waterfront and nationally known restaurateurs.
The Town Center, located where the Pleasure Island parking lot once was, will be the final phase opening in 2016. This area will feature a sophisticated mix of shopping and more dining.
The first phase of roadwork construction has begun, with lane closures scheduled as much as possible for off-peak hours to minimize impacts to the guest experience. Buena Vista Drive will expand from seven to 10 lanes, with a dedicated bus lane. Two parking garages and two pedestrian bridges also will be added, as well as an I-4 Interchange that will offer direct access to and from Downtown Disney/Disney Springs.
No overall time frame has been given for the completion of projects in the Marketplace or West Side at this time.
We won’t have to wait long for some additions to Disney Springs, here’s what’s coming this summer:
- Two new Starbucks locations – a storefront at Downtown Disney West Side and a kiosk near World of Disney at Downtown Disney Marketplace. Look for the familiar green roof at the West Side flagship Starbucks, part of the company’s commitment to be environmentally conscious. The design includes a covered patio overlooking the waterfront and a fireplace, as well as the new Clover Bar, featuring special reserve coffees brewed to order. A high-tech screen behind the Clover Bar will show images from coffee regions around the globe, and a new Human Connection Wall will include large touch-screen monitors that allow guests to use their finger to draw images.
- Marketplace Co-Op will serve as a testing space for new Disney retail concepts, shops and products with six boutiques under one roof:
- Beautifully Disney – A beauty destination for women featuring make-up, fragrance and beauty accessories;
- Cherry Tree Lane – Accessories for the sophisticated woman with a passion for scarves, shoes, bags and jewelry;
- D-Tech on Demand – A place to personalize and customize your own electronic accessories;
- The Trophy Room – Vintage-inspired, lifestyle sports apparel and collectibles;
- Disney Centerpiece – Home products offering a splash of Disney in room furnishings, textiles and everyday ware;
- Zoey and Pickles – A girls’ destination with the latest trends.
- Just in time for World Cup, United World of Soccer opens in Late May at Downtown Disney West Side. The shop offers favorite team jerseys, sports gear, cleats, World Cup apparel and accessories.
- Food Truck Park, opening later this summer, will serve as a permanent home to the four Disney Food Trucks and will be situated between Bongos Cuban Café and the new Starbucks at Downtown Disney West Side.
Stay tuned to WDW News Today as more information becomes available on Disney Springs!
I don’t know about you, but there are times when planning a Disney vacation can be overwhelming! There are so many options, where to stay, when to go, is this the best price. So, I want to introduce you all to Cindy Minor and the team at Small World Big Fun. They will help you plan your Disney vacation for FREE. Contact them today!